We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to eat?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
reviews: 76
Places to eat?

Hello, will be staying at Tree Houses Hotel and Los Lagos while in this area and wanted to get some recommendations for places to eat while here. Doesn't have to be upscale just good tasting food and family friendly (traveling with 15 & 11 year old). Thank you!

Chesapeake, Virginia
reviews: 92
11. Re: Places to eat?

We are in La Fortuna now. Our favorite restaurant was Soda Viquez...we also ate at Soda Hormiga and, though it was very inexpensive (under $8 for two) we preferred Soda Viquez (($15 for two casado plates, a batida, and a 7-up).

Amsterdam, The...
reviews: 1
12. Re: Places to eat?

The sodas as mentioned are all near the bus station, so one block away from the central square, where things get much more local, if you're searching for them.

Jacksonville...
reviews: 76
13. Re: Places to eat?

Thanks again!!!

Lincoln, California
reviews: 22
14. Re: Places to eat?

We are also staying at Tree Houses, any closer food for dinner then driving into La Fortuna? I will have a rental car but hear not to drive at night if possible...

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 47
15. Re: Places to eat?

If Lava Lounge is still there, they had very tasty food. This was my favorite place to eat.

Also, if you can get out to La Casona, they have very good food cooked in a traditional oven. We had a delicious lunch overlooking a river and then got a private tour of the premises. Very nice visit. It was booked like a "tour" through our hotel but it only ended up costing like $15 USD pp which was a great deal for such a memorable, unique lunch with personal service.

Colorado
reviews: 4
16. Re: Places to eat?

We tried Soda La Parada based on the recommendations here. We did not enjoy it at all. It's somewhere between Costa Rican and American, and not doing either style well. I can see the benefit of finding something 24 hours, but I would not go back if anything else was open.

17. Re: Places to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:20 am, June 27, 2014