We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deals?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
reviews: 24
Deals?

I've been to La Fortuna a few times in the past few months (I live on the west side of the lake) and it has seemed like the town and hotels have been fairly deserted compared to a couple of years ago. I've also heard talk that hotel occupancy has really suffered since the volcano has stopped flowing. I feel like a bit of a parasite asking this, but I am wondering whether it might be worth calling and asking for discounts at some of the extra fancy hotels that would normally be out of our price range for our upcoming anniversary in late May. It seems logical to me that hotel operators would rather take SOME money than NO money to fill a room that would otherwise be empty, I could be way off base but my bargaining skills are nonexistent so any suggestions are welcome. I'd also say, there are so many fun things to do in the area and it's so beautiful, it seems a little silly to me that people would decide not to visit the area because of the lack of lava, particularly since the chance of actually glimpsing the lava was always iffy because of cloud cover.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Deals?

Not sure I understand this post as there are more people here than ever. Things slowed down a little after the economy crashed in '08, but those times are long gone and this is far from a ghost town. That said, most hotels will give you a discount if you have a cedula. Others will give you a cash discount as a walk in.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 104
2. Re: Deals?

We've gotten some good deals at the Lost Iguana. They run discounts a lot, specials, buy two nights get one free, etc. I always check their website for specials and ask about any promotions when I call to reserve. I'd just call up whatever hotel you're interested in and ask if they're running any specials. The worst they can do is say no.

San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Deals?

That is a great iidea GIBBY...just shop around.. most hotels willing to give you a break...a good deal...I recommend all the time to avoid the middle people...they amke up to 30% commision for booking a hotel...IMO is a lot of money...just ask the hotels to give you a break...many nice places willing to help you...

roadadvisor

4. Re: Deals?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 04, 2014