We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nayara Hotel for 3 nights

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Okianwa, Japan
reviews: 1
Nayara Hotel for 3 nights

DH and I are thinking about staying at the Nayara Hotel for a quick 3 night trip to CR. While there I was hoping to go to the hot springs and we will also probably do the PURE rappeling and rainforest zip lining. So I have a few questions:

-Is it possible to go to the Tabacon Hot Springs from our hotel? Is it even close?

-Which is better rappeling with PUre Trek or Desafio?

-Can anyone recommend WWR at the Balsa River vs. Toro. Are there any pros or cons?

Would love any other tidbits while we are there. it is a quick trip so we want to find a balance of seeing as much as possible but still relaxing and enjoying our time away from the kids. TIA!

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Nayara Hotel for 3 nights

Nice choice, Nayara is a great hotel for a few nights. Tabacon is located about 5 minutes drive from Nayara. The hotel can help you with a taxi if you do not have a rental car. Alternatively, you could reserve transportation with a local tour operator for a seamless evening.

Both Pure Trek and Desafio are good operators for canyoning. I personally prefer La Roca as their rappels are more varied and they have a zipline, hanging bridge and Tarzan swing all set in an incredibly beautiful canyon that goes down to the Rio Arenal.

The Balsa is a good class II and III river that runs practically year round. The Toro is a very good class III and IV river, but often does not have enough water to run. The Rio Sarapiqui is a good class III river that runs most of the year.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Nayara Hotel for 3 nights

Hard to find anything or any place better tham Arenal Nayara...some plastic and full of fiberglass kind of places around...not good...Nayara is the best...just the best!

Desafio deal with them direct...you do not need any middle person or company...

Tabacon is about 15 minutes by car...worth it a visit...

Eco Termales is a lovely place just minutes away from NAyara...and is not as expensive and corportae kind of place...very much the way we costaricans are...no artifical ingredients...as the ICT slogan to promote our country around the world !!

Sarapiqui IMO is not a good river to run in your case way to far...and very flat most of the time...if Toro is with good volume of water that will be my choice as a former outfitter myself...

roadadvisor

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
3. Re: Nayara Hotel for 3 nights

We've stayed at Nayara and really liked it. I'd recommend getting a room away from reception if you can so it will feel more private. Like everyone else said you can definitely visit Tabacon, it's pretty close by if you have a car or taxi. We also like Eco Termales if you're looking for something smaller, more intimate, and locally owned. We did the La Roca tour that explorin mentioned for canyoning and loved them; Desafio and Pure Trek get good reviews as well. Sky Trek is nice for ziplining. We used Rios Tropicales to raft the Sarapiqui and had lots of fun. We got tossed out of the boat twice, but the guide had us back in very quickly. They took photos along the way that you could buy via cd at the end if you wanted to. Food at Nayara is very good by the way; they have a nice open air restaurant with a view of the volcano. Hope you have a wonderful trip.

Houston, Texas
reviews: 3
4. Re: Nayara Hotel for 3 nights

I am going to Nayara for four nights in 3 weeks. Looks awesome! We alreayd booked Sky Trek for ziplining and Desafio for WWR. Planning on going to Eco for the hot springs and possibly visit the La Fortuna waterfall as well. Happy travels!

5. Re: Nayara Hotel for 3 nights

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, May 01, 2014