We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pure Trek or LaRoca

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 3
Pure Trek or LaRoca

Pure Trek or LaRoca for canyoneering? Desafio is out, because we have an 11 year old, and they have an age restriction. Both companies get great reviews, but I would love if there was anyone out there who had done both who could compare the two. Thanks!!!

Richmond, Virginia
reviews: 3
1. Re: Pure Trek or LaRoca

Sorry, I cannot edit my last post. I wanted to include that we are going to do the hanging bridges/ziplining in Monteverde, so I am more interested in the rappelling parts of the trips.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
2. Re: Pure Trek or LaRoca

I would go with La Roca as they have varied rappels, a hanging bridge, a zipline and a Tarzan swing. Both canyons are beautiful, but the La Roca canyon ends up in the Rio Arenal, which is simply gorgeous. There is also a lot of wildlife in the area of the La Roca canyon due to the Rio Arenal.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
3. Re: Pure Trek or LaRoca

We've only done the La Roca tour, but we loved it and like explorin mentioned the river is absolutely beautiful. Our guides were really fun but still safety conscious, and they took photos along the way that you could purchase at the end if you wanted to. When we did it, we were the only two people on our tour, so we had several guides to ourselves which was pretty fun.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Pure Trek or LaRoca

I have had heard good things about La Roca...a good friend is a guide there...and most people ae very happy with the tour...

roadadvisor

Telluride, CO
reviews: 10
5. Re: Pure Trek or LaRoca

I use Pure Trek, they are great and really safe. There is also another cool rappelling tour through Wave Expeditions, that includes a rafting trip as well. This tour is a lot of fun also.

6. Re: Pure Trek or LaRoca

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, April 27, 2014