We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
reviews: 72
Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

There's just one review on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour" in La Fortuna, which gave it five stars. I'm guessing it's rather new and was wondering if anyone knew any more about it. The website doesn't give too much information, but I'm curious.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

Never heard of it, but sounds interesting. I just checked out their TA page and there are a couple reviews and link to the website which has photos: http://www.rainforestchocolatetour.com/

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 114
2. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

It is brand new, it just opened so you're correct as to why there is only one review so far. What I've heard from people who have lived here longer than I have is that there used to be a chocolate tour quite some time ago but the crops got wiped out by some bug. I just found out about it last week but I'll go after Semana Santa, check it out and do a review on it. :-) It's on the road to the Rio Fortuna waterfall so I think it will do well. :-)

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 124
3. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

We go to that area every year, and I've never heard of it. Looks like something fun to try on our next trip!

Sayville, NY
reviews: 1
4. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

Hi all, I just emailed them to get some details on days/times they are open and if the tour is at a specific time(s) during the day or is drop in. Also curious where exactly it's located. Their website says "on the road to la Fortuna."

I will update everyone when I hear back.

Sayville, NY
reviews: 1
5. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

Ok just received this:

Thanks for your email.

We are open all days. Our schedule is 8:00 am, 10:00 am, 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. It takes 1,5 hrs.

Please do not hesitate in contact me if you have further questions.

Carlos

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

I haven't done it yet, but clients of mine recently discovered and went on it and loved it.

Irvine, California
reviews: 87
7. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

RebeccaMinNj, This sounds like an interesting place, Thanks for finding it..... I'll plan on doing the tour in August.

thesweetzucchini, were you able to find their address?

SF
8. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

Just joining this thread. Anyone else have experience with this tour? We were going to detour to the Trimbina Lodge chocolate tour and stay there, as my daughter is a baker and loves chocolate. But if the chocolate tour in Arenal is good, then I'd rather skip the Trimbina stop. Any suggestions? Thank you.

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

hello Mommy Poet

I still haven't done the one in Arenal. There are a couple of good cacao/chocolate tours on the Caribbean coast outside of Puerto Viejo, and an interesting tour of the chocolate operation at Cabure Cafe in Monteverde. However, if this is a serious interest, I'd really recommend making some time to do the tour at Sibu Chocolates in Heredia (outside of San Jose), as these guys do the best work I've found.

SF
10. Re: Any thoughts on the "Rainforest Chocolate Tour"?

Thank you. You would recommend Sibu more than Tirimbia? Which would make more sense on our route from San Jose to Arenal? Again, many thanks.