We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pasadena, Maryland
reviews: 5
Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

Looking to hike on April 5th. We have a rented 4 x 4. Would like to find a guide that is highly recommended. Many of the posts I read about guides were from too long ago. Emailed Erick but haven't heard back. Only 2 of us on the trip. Any suggestions are appreciated!

Reading...
1. Re: Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

Hi Hurley,

I just returned from my second trip in 3 months to Costa Rica! That place will do that to you!

We used a private guide for the first time EVER and it was amazing. His name was Roger Davis Suarez and you can google. I wrote a review on his web site.

Rio Celeste would have been just a place with Blue water without Roger. Also he keeps you safe because he points out things that you might do , like grabbing a tree for support while you are hiking, that might seriously hurt. Its not like hiking here in Pa. Also he stops along the way to show you stuff. Monkeys, toucans Alligators,Jesus Christ lizards. Stuff you will absolutely drive right by on your own.

Pasadena, Maryland
2. Re: Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

Thanks so much. Seems just what we needed. Could you tell me his cost for your Rio Celeste trip if you don't mind?

Reading...
3. Re: Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

Thats the part I can't help you with. We stayed at Centaura. And the owner made the arrangements. Thats how we met Roger. We paid the owner of Centaura for kind of a package, but you can hire Roger directly on your own as we plan to do next time. Let me know if you can't reach him. I have never contacted him thru his web site, just thru email. Also he's on facebook.

Honestly, I can't begin to tell you how much he enriched the trip.I really don't think it's going to cost too much as you have your own car. BTW just finding that place without a guide would be daunting.

Pasadena, Maryland
4. Re: Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

Haha! Just in general, did you tip your tour guides in CR? Not really sure how that works? What's the going rate?

Reading...
5. Re: Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

Yes! We tipped. We each gave like $10 a day as we were 3 adult travelers. Anything is appreciated by these folks and they do not EXPECT it! Other than that tipping isn't too big in C.R. like it is here. Read up on it. There"s lots on it. I sent you a private messg with Rogers email. Check it out.

6. Re: Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

We went to Rio Celeste in mid-July with a private tour guide named "Bernardo Garcia". He was very informative on the history, plants and wild-life in the area. I would give him at 10 out of 10 if we had to rank the great experience we had from his tour.

Here's the info we have from his business card:

Bernardo Bonilla Garcia

Cell: 8984-9383

Email: bernardobonillagarcia@gmail.com

You won't be disappointed :)

7. Re: Need a private guide for Rio Celeste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 30, 2014