We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
reviews: 125
Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

Hi guys,

I need an urgent help!

I'm in San Jose right now and I had scheduled a 1-day rafting tour to Pacuare. It seems that it rained a lot there and the tour operators are cancelling all the tours.

What would be my second option? I could manage to do it in Arenal or Manuel Antonio!

Any tips?

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 34
1. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

While it does not compare to the Pacuare (nothing does), for something fun, affordable and very close to San Jose, you could raft the Rio Grande de Orosi. Contact Aventuras Orosi. The valley is a great place to visit as a bonus.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
2. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

Nice! I sent them an email!

Any other tours around Arenal or Manuel Antonio?

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 106
3. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

I'd say second best to Rio Pacuare is going to be in the La Fortuna/Volcano Arenal: Rio Toro Class 3/4. Check out WaveExpeditions.com or Desafio!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 102
4. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

We went out of Arenal and used Rios Tropicales and they were fantastic.

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

We are in the middle of the dry season. How is Rio Toro right now?

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

Dry season at PAcific...rainy season Caribeean...Balsa...Toro Amarillo ..Vara Balanca...in Arenal...Savegre,,,,and Naranjo Manuel Antonio area..

roadadvisor

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
7. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

I don't think they are running the Toro every day. The Rio Sarapiqui is a good one from Fortuna or the Savergre from Manuel Antonio.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 102
8. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

The Sarapiqui is the one that we did - lots of fun; we got tossed out of the boat twice, but the guide had us back in really quickly. They had a photographer accompany the tour in a kayak, and he took photos the entire way. At the end, you could purchase the cd of your pics if you wanted to. They also served lunch and had a place to shower and change.

9. Re: Rafting Help - Pacuare isn't raftable

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 11, 2014