We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Jacksonville...
reviews: 76
Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

We will be staying in La Fortuna and would like to do a day trip to Tenorio National Park to see Rio Celeste, the mud pots, and hot springs. We'll have a rental car so we'll just need a guide for the park (traveling with 2 kids, 15 & 11 and don't want to get lost in the park - is that possible?). Should we hire a guide from La Fortuna to drive with us or wait until we get to Tenorio? What is the normal cost for a guide? And does anyone have a recommendation for one? Thanks in advance! Our trip is in June.

guanacaste
reviews: 31
1. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

Contact Hattie , here is the forum , she knows all about that area.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
2. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

There is a young man named Jonathan who is a good guide and you can usually find him at the entrance to the National Park.

You won't always find guides at the Park, or else they have gone with someone else. To be assured of having a guide, hire one from La Fortuna.

You don't really need a guide - it's pretty easy without one - but having a guide will give you a lot more information about the whole area.

Jacksonville...
3. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

Thank you! Is there a way to get a hold of him once we arrive?

La Fortuna
reviews: 1
4. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

If you are at Arenal with kids do not forget to visit also Arenal Natura Ecological Park, there is a Night walk tour at 5:30pm and is really fun and easy, plus lots of learning

Jacksonville...
5. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

Thank you Carlos A, I had been looking into going there.

Reading...
reviews: 5
6. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

Hi Shawna,

I just replied to another person about a guide for rio celeste.

I just got back from my second trip in 3 months to C.R. It's an amazing place. We were fortunate to have met a private guide on our first trip,Roger Davis Suarez, and used him for the whole week on our second trip. Rio Celeste without him will be pretty but not much more. During the drive Roger will show you monkeys,toucans alligators and so many things we would have blown right past. Also there are unseen dangers in the forest, and things you shouldnt do like grabbing a tree for support while hiking. He'll explain. If you have any trouble reaching him, contact me I have his email. You can Google him and read my review there on his site. He knows the area and whats worth a visit and whats not. Take his suggestions. You will get so much more out of your trip.

Jacksonville...
7. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

Thank you whitebearcottage! We will definitely look into him.

8. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 1:29 pm, March 22, 2013
El Castillo, Costa...
reviews: 29
9. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

This is a great experience, Our place is about 2 miles away. from the Eco Zoo

Munich, Germany
reviews: 4
10. Re: Guide recommendation for day trip to Tenorio Natl Park

During our various trips to Costa Rica, we did several tours around Arenal with Erick. He is our favorite guide in Costa Rica. Very knowledgeable,educated and friendly and he has an excellent spotting scope, so you can see the animals close up and even take pictures through the scope. His website is: www.tarabatours.com