We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
reviews: 88
Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

I have a flight that leaves at 8:30 a.m. (check in at 6:30) from San Jose and I'll be staying in La Fortuna. Is it possible to get a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3 in the morning? I really do not want to stay in San Jose overnight.

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 52
11. Re: Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

Ahhh, we all have thinking of SJO. If Pavas then you might check this hotel http://www.hotelislaverde.com/ . Anyway, come early or late but do come safe, so be there one night earlier.

boston, ma
reviews: 1
12. Re: Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

We stay at the Orquidas Inn in Alejuela when we come in and out of San Jose. In th hills outside of the bustle of town, pool, fun bar, good restaurant. Nothing fancy, but kind of a tradition for us....been going there since 2001.

http://www.orquideasinn.com/

Washington DC...
reviews: 88
13. Re: Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

Thanks I made a reservation at Isla Verde.

Elmhurst, Illinois
reviews: 12
14. Re: Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

We are kind of like you...we decided not to spend any nights in San Jose...we are getting a private transfer upon our international arrival into the big San Jose airport about 5pm and being taken to Arenal area.

On a different leg of our journey we are taking a private transfer from Puerto Viejo leaving at 5:00am or so to go to Tobias for our Nature Air flight to Drake Bay...we know the risks and it would be terrible if due to weather or construction or stike etc..to miss our flight but that is a chance we are taking in order to spend our precious vacation nights at the areas we want to visit.

Our trip is next month, but we have prepaid and received confirmation/vouchers from a company Easy Ride Shuttle. They have a webiste info@easyridecr.com and have been helpful and nice to work with.

It is expensive for private transfers but to us it is worth it.

Have a great trip!

Edited: 11:39 pm, January 22, 2013
Costa Rica
reviews: 24
15. Re: Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

The thing is Megan, you can arrange your transfers so that you arrive late in the day or early evening - or later. I don't think you will miss much of the Caribbean coast by not spending the night there. You can have a leisurely trip from the coast to a hotel near the airport in Pavas for your Nature Air Flight and enjoy a nice dinner. Then you will be ready the next morning for your flight with no worries about anything.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 68
16. Re: Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

contact ecotrans they may be able (they drove us from Liberia to la fortuna as we did not want to spend the first night in liberia.

or ask the hotel- they can get I bet a driver at any time.

17. Re: Taking a taxi from La Fortuna to San Jose at 3:00 a.m.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 25, 2014
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...