We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4th of July Special Activities?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sonoma, California
reviews: 7
4th of July Special Activities?

Hi, my family of 5 (3 young kids) will be in Costa Rica over 4th of July. We most likely will be staying near Arenal Volcano during that time. Are there any special American Independence Day activities? Or is it just a normal day in Costa Rica on the 4th of July?

My son was born on July 4th, he will be turning 8 years old. He's had a good attitude about being on vacation for his birthday, just wondering how Americans in Costa Rica celebrate. Thanks!

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
11. Re: 4th of July Special Activities?

So, in order to be really clear, instead of saying "American," you would have someone speak a whole sentence?

Yes, this is the discussion my son and I have all the time. I have absolutely no suggestion as to what is the best way to resolve this.

Canada - Canadian

Mexico - Mexican

Costa Rica - Costa Rican

United States of America -- ?? It kind of says...."American." Maybe "US American?"

Yeah, and having 50 more or less independent states make government and laws much more complicated, too.

Sonoma, California
12. Re: 4th of July Special Activities?

We booked The Lost Iguana for the 4th of July - I checked with him and they do plan to have fireworks again this year. Thank you!

Costa Rica
reviews: 26
13. Re: 4th of July Special Activities?

Well then, I have to ask: Why did you post the other question about 4th of July celebrations if you already booked Lost Iguana?

Sonoma, California
14. Re: 4th of July Special Activities?

We booked Lost iguana with hotels.com which is totally refundable - unfortunately due to the rest of our travel plans, which we've been adjusting over the last few weeks to fit in availability at rentals & my parents joining us for a few days and their flight plans, we've realized that its quite inconvenient to be in Arenal area on that date. So, while I am happy to have a place where we can see fireworks - my son is now set on it - and we are logistically challenged and therefore if I can find a way to be in the Domincal area that date, it would be much easier on us & a lot less shuffling. We will be travelling with our 3,5 & 8 year old so the fewer transitions between hotels & lodges, the happier everyone will be. Of course, weighed with my son's expectation (now) of fireworks :-)

Sonoma, California
15. Re: 4th of July Special Activities?

Also, I learned after booking that the volcano is no longer erupting regularly! Since we've been to Lost Iguana before, but when the volcano erupted there was cloud cover, I was really hoping to go back and possibly see it erupt. Once in a lifetime stuff & no longer an opportunity :-(

16. Re: 4th of July Special Activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 01, 2014