We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any experience taking very young kids to Monteverde/Arenal?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, WI
reviews: 9
Any experience taking very young kids to Monteverde/Arenal?

We'll be traveling to CR for 2 weeks in early 2014 with our then 1 year old and 3 year old. As of now, we're planning to fly into San Jose, visit Manuel Antonio, and head north to Monteverde and Arenal, before completing our trip in Guanacaste. I'm just wondering if it is worth visiting Monteverde or Arenal with very young children. I'm particularly concerned about safety and swinging bridges with a 3 year old. We'll have four adults total for the two kids. I was thinking about possibly skipping both and just doing Poas outside of San Jose, but it seems like we would be missing a big part of CR by not visiting either during our two week stay, Any real life experience appreciated!

Cahuita, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Cahuita
reviews: 7
1. Re: Any experience taking very young kids to Monteverde/Arenal?

I have taken kids to both Arenal and Monteverde. Arenal was fantastic, but Monteverde was chilly and damp for them - yours may be rather tougher! We enjoyed the volcano, springs, pools, waterfalls and treks at Arenal. Have a great trip!

2. Re: Any experience taking very young kids to Monteverde/Arenal?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, January 01, 2014
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...