We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how to do Hanging Bridges

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh
how to do Hanging Bridges

We will be in the Arenal area in late March 2013, with young kids and active grandmas. We are interested in the Hanging Bridges. I'd like a guide, but but we have a rental car and don't need to pay a tour company for transportation. Happy to pay for a good guide though! Any suggestions on how to insure a good guided tour when we have our own car?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

Just drive there...you do not need any middle person to do anything for you...hire a guide once at the bridges....many nice guides by the entrance booth...

Dealt directly with Hanging bridges people...

roadadvisor

Pittsburgh
2. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

Thanks roadadvisor. I've heard reports of good and bad experiences from the entrance booth guides. Any idea on how to insure we get someone enthusiastic and knowledgeable? I'm sure most are, I'm just a planner by my nature!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 103
3. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

We just used Francisco with Desafio, and he was great. I didn't see any guides at the entrance when we went, but we weren't there at a busy time. You might check with Desafio and see if they'll give you a discount if you just meet your guide there, or if they could give you a group rate. Sunset Tours also has good guides.

nebraska
reviews: 40
4. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

We went thinking we would get a guide at the entrance and we were told that the guides only go at scheduled times in a group. We were told they do not do individual tours and do not allow "freelance" guides. That was just our experience last year. It may not be the same now.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 79
5. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

we did river rafting with desafio - they were first rate

Reading...
reviews: 5
6. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

I used a private guide, Roger Davis Suarez. Highly recommended!! I've been to C.R. twice in the last 3 months, and used Roger during both trips. I'm planning on going back again (Careful, C.R. IS addicting!) And am already talking with Roger about our next trip. You can Google him or let me know if you have trouble reaching him I have his email. He's on facebook too!

New York, NY
reviews: 1
7. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

If you drive yourself how long does it take to do hanging bridges?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 103
8. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

It's about 2-3 hours depending on how much you stop to see the view, take photos, etc.

London, England...
reviews: 82
9. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

Why not do the Sky Trek package, ie hanging bridges hike (circa 3 hrs) plus the zip-lining? You can self drive to it to save a bit of cash.

Pittsburgh
10. Re: how to do Hanging Bridges

Thanks again all! We are picking up a guide from Desafios for A guided hike. We booked the guide for 4h.