We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

HI,

We'll be in the Arenal area the 1st week of January and would like to schedule a Zip Line trip and came across the following options. So far I came across the following companies

- Skytrek

- Arenal Mundo

- Arenal Paraiso

I am traveling with 2 teen boys (19 and 18) so I am searching for the one that will offer the most thrill for them. Can anyone offer any suggestions/experiences they had from any of these outfits?

I would also be interested in a combo (3:1 or 4:1) but haven't come across any other then Desafio

Thanks

Chris

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 59
1. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

sky trek sky tram- 6 lines some are 2150 ft long

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

Sky Treck...and deal direct with them...you do not need any middle person or company!

roadadvisor

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 81
3. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

We liked Sky Trek - we picked them because they have some of the highest, longest, fastest lines in the country. The views of the lake and volcano are beautiful. The guides are really fun and safety conscious, and we liked the tram ride up. Our guide said we were zipping at up to 55 mph. If you want the biggest thrill, I think Sky Trek is hard to beat. I'd also take a look at doing waterfall rappeling with La Roca - also very fun!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
4. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

Skytrek gets my vote. As my esteemed colleague Volcanogirl points out they are some of the longest and fastest ziplines in CR. You will have a blast.

London, England...
reviews: 72
5. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

Another vote for SkyTrek, loved the package of Trek, Tram and Walk+ we did with them. Review here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowUserReviews-g309236-d5…

San Francisco Bay...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

Big fan of Aventura Mundo. Just as long, high and fast as SkyTrek, and it goes right over an amazing waterfall on a few of the runs.

I asked a local from La Fortuna who works in the industry to let me know, if she was inviting her friends from college, would she choose Mundo over SkyTrek and her response was:

I feel that you will not enjoy the Sky Trek Canopy Tour as much as Arenal Mundo Aventura's Canopy Tour. We do recommend Sky Trek highly, as it has a lot of advantages (the complimentary aerial tram ride, the automatic breaking system, and the fact that little hiking is involved), however for the quality of the ziplining experience itself, we like Arenal Mundo Aventura's tour option. The lines are more thrilling and offer a variety of scenery (the Sky Trek tour offers ziplines back and forth over the same canopy top, so the views are all virtually the same). For you, since you are adults likely looking for the most fun ziplining experience (and can handle the hand-breaking system), we would go with Arenal Mundo Aventura's canopy tour.

Virginia
reviews: 6
7. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

What about Desafio's ziplining? Is that not as good? We were thinking of doing the combo rapelling and ziplining. Thoughts?

New York City, New...
8. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

So it seems SKYTREK is highly recommended. We'll be using a driver to take us from SJO to Arenal, he recommended the San Luis Zipline which is on the way to Arenal. Has anyone done both to help compare?

South Florida...
reviews: 39
9. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

I just did the lines at SkyTrek and the experience was amazing! I must tell you the lines are pretty high up, but that's what attracted me to do them. The guides were so cool and allowed me to zipline upside down and hands free. I want to come back to Costa Rica to do those again.. Moving on to Monteverde now! So. You should do SkyTrek and maybe wait till you're here to buy tours.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 25
10. Re: Which Zip Line Company in Arenal?

I've only used sky trek so I have no basis got comparison but I can tell you that you won't be disappointed with them.

Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...