We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Trek question

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
reviews: 40
Sky Trek question

Hello,

I will be arriving in La Fortuna next week (very excited! :)

Should I go to their website and book now, or wait until I get there? Will rates be the same as the ones posted on their website?

Anyone taken a taxi from La Fortuna to Sky Trek? How much should I expect to pay for the ride there and back?.. Hubby and I traveling together.

Thank you

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: Sky Trek question

If you offer to pay them in cash you will most likely get a discount. Send them an email and ask them just that. Tell them you will be down next week and ask if there is a discount for cash payments. This way you will have an email that confirms it if you have difficulty getting the discount when you are here.

Cheers

South Florida...
2. Re: Sky Trek question

Awesome, thanks for the tip! :)

Do you know if they request cash payments to be in USD only? I've heard many people mention that they only take payments in USD.

NYC
3. Re: Sky Trek question

I would also be intrested in hearing about the travel cost to and from Sky Trek. An outfitter suggested Ecoglide Canopy for a trip but I'd like to do the Desafio Combo rappell/zip line or combo rapel and raft. (Any suggestions on which is better?)

Any idea what transportation cost is to where we need to be for these tours?

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 69
4. Re: Sky Trek question

Don't know about the taxi (we had a rental car), but I can tell you no reservation was required 2 weeks ago when I was there.

Arrived at 11:30am and got straight on the next group (at 12:30) for $73 ( used credit card - same price as the web site).

If you have a specific time in mind, it probably wouldn't hurt to make a reservation... but the day I was there was wide open.

South Florida...
5. Re: Sky Trek question

Are there any lockers available to put your stuff in while you go ziplining? I will have my Canon camera with me and can not leave it at the hotel.

Edited: 1:35 pm, December 05, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Sky Trek question

Yes they do offer lockers...

roadadvisor

7. Re: Sky Trek question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:15 pm, December 17, 2013