We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

They cancelled my reservation

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
South Florida...
reviews: 39
They cancelled my reservation

Hi,

I've just been notified that due to over-booking, my reservation has been cancelled. I'm not stressing out about it, tho.

I read on Twitter that Arenal Springs Resort is fantastic, but a bit far away from the center, where all restaurants are located. Has anyone stayed at this hotel before.. It doesn't look like it's that far on the map. How long to city cntr if I get a taxi?

Thank you,

Besitos22

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: They cancelled my reservation

That's a bummer... Arenal Springs is a good place, I have stayed there and it's fine.

South Florida...
reviews: 39
2. Re: They cancelled my reservation

Not too far from the center? We love food and would love to visit different restaurants each night.

Yes, it's a bummer specially because they notified me via email over a week ago and I just read it.

I'm in the middle of doing research for another trip so most of my attention is going to that. This Costa Rica trip was supposed to be 100% booked and ready ;-/

Edited: 2:30 pm, November 30, 2012
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
3. Re: They cancelled my reservation

Here is a pretty good map of the area. You will see a bunch of hotels and where they are in relation to things www.arenal.net/arenal-costa-rica-map.htm If we are talking about the same hotel (lots have similar names) then you are looking at marker 21 on the map.

Cheers

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: They cancelled my reservation

Arenal Springs Resort is a OK place...a little to plastic ..and Disneysque...to much fiberglass...

About 30 minutes from La Fortuna each way ...you most have a car...at least is my personal opinion...

Which hotel cancel your reservation? Most hotels in the area request a valid CC to hold reservations...basically it is a prepayment...but in peak season they are even more strict !

roadadvsior

Edited: 3:27 pm, November 30, 2012
5. Re: They cancelled my reservation

sorry about ur cancellation aswell. very curious about the hotel who cancelled on you..

i was just recently dealing with miguel from arenal springs thru email and he wasnt as helpul as people have made him to see.

ill be booking at hotel mountain paradise for this upcoming month.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
6. Re: They cancelled my reservation

"Arenal Springs Resort" is located about 7-8 minutes from town. "The Springs Resort" is around 25 minutes out of La Fortuna center. Most of the resorts are located out of town. Plenty of good restaurants to choose from. Don Rufino's has good steak and pastas. Que Rico is a good choice for Italian. The restaurant at Nayara is a good choice as well.

Seattle
reviews: 8
7. Re: They cancelled my reservation

We just stayed at Arenal Manor. I like the place a lot as it has beautiful ground, and the room is not together,which give you more quiet. I think it is of similar price as Arenal Spring. Taxi ride to town is $10 each way. <10min.

8. Re: They cancelled my reservation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, December 17, 2013
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...