We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on itinerary

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
reviews: 14
Feedback on itinerary

Thanks to all of the info provided on this forum, I think I have come up with our final itinerary. Any feed back would be appreciated. Does it seem realistic, am I missing something. I like a plan but we are flexible once the trip begins.

13th

Arrive

Stay-Hampton Inn by airport

14th

Drive to La Fortuna

Stay: Hotel Kokoro

Activity?

15th

Hanging Bridges-AM

La Fortuna Waterfall hike-PM

16th

Rafting Trip with Desafio Tours

Explore town

Hotsprings: Tabacon, or Eco Thermal

17th

Volcano Hike-AM

-El Silencio Trail

-Los Tucanes Trail

-Other recommended trails???

Skytrek Canopy Tour-PM

18th

Drive to Monterverde

Stay: Los Pinos-Cabanas

Night tour-Cloud Forest

19th

Coffee Plantation-10am

Horseback Ride-2pm

20th

Cloud forest hike

Drive to San Jose

Stay at Hampton Inn by airport

21st

Fly Home

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 48
1. Re: Feedback on itinerary

You have covered pretty much every base. Enjoy!

Brasilito, Costa...
2. Re: Feedback on itinerary

No beaches? Pacific Ocean, Caribbean

Asheville, North...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Feedback on itinerary

I know...but we did not want to spend too much time driving around. Plus, we live at the coast of NC so we are "beach" people. Wanted to concentrate on different kind of activities.

Brasilito, Costa...
4. Re: Feedback on itinerary

We do Emerald Isle for a week every fall, it is beautiful. But I will say the Costa Rica Pacific is a different experience. You do have an injoyable itenerary set up, enjoy. Pura Vida

Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 20
5. Re: Feedback on itinerary

On the 14th you could visit Proyecto Asis, a wildlife sanctuary about 30-40 minutes out of La Fortuna (book 1 PM tour) or try a kayak trip on Lake Arenal (book in advance with DeSafio Adventures).

The other thing I would suggest is to book those activities you most want to do first in the trip. You have made no allowance for rain weather and it rains a lot around Arenal. If it were me I'd save hanging bridges or the waterfall hike til later in the trip as you could shuffle either of these around if you woke up to a rainy day.

6. Re: Feedback on itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...