We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arriving December 13-16

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New...
reviews: 60
Arriving December 13-16

We will be in La Fortuna Dec 13-16 (and then two nights in Monteverde). What should we expect for temperatures and rainfall this year?

Thanks!

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: Arriving December 13-16

It's hard to tell this year as the weather has been so dry. Normally mid-December is the end of the rain season so you would expect at least some rain most days with a heavy rain for at least a little while at some point during the day. Daytime temps vary with cloud cover and are usually between the mid 70s to low 80s. Monteverde will be similar, but usually 5-10 degrees cooler and rainier.

Rochester, New...
2. Re: Arriving December 13-16

That sounds good. Does that mean less mosquitos too?

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
3. Re: Arriving December 13-16

There generally are not many mosquitoes in either area. They are more prevalent in beach areas.

Rochester, New...
4. Re: Arriving December 13-16

Interesting. Great, thank you!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
5. Re: Arriving December 13-16

We've been in December and got tons of rain every day. We still forged ahead with all of our activities. Luckily we had nice weather for ziplining. I hope you have better luck. As explorin said it's been dry this year. We've never had much trouble with mosquitoes in that area. Monteverde can get chilly at night. I'd pack a jacket or sweatshirt just in case. We wore fleece and sweatshirts at night there. Both areas are beautiful, so you'll enjoy.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Arriving December 13-16

I just get back from La Fortuna a few minutes ago...and the weather was increible nice...brezee...nice sky full of stars...the volcano even that was with a little cloud cap...was incredible nice...I spend a few hours at Eco Termales and have my favorite dinner the chicken combo...soooo good!

roadadvisor

Rochester, New...
7. Re: Arriving December 13-16

Yummy! We plan to go there as well. For chicken!

South Florida...
reviews: 40
8. Re: Arriving December 13-16

I will also be in La Fortuna on the same days as you. I've been checking the weather on my iphone daily, it seems to be getting better and better. I don't mind rain, but rather do ziplining on a sunny day!

reviews: 1
9. Re: Arriving December 13-16

I will be there from the 19-21 keep us posted about the weather!

South Florida...
reviews: 40
10. Re: Arriving December 13-16

Sure! :)