We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels with hot springs

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
reviews: 1
hotels with hot springs

We are planning to book 2 nights in BALDI RESORT AND SPA, as it costs too much to stay in Tabacon hotel or Naraya. At least, we can go for hot springs whenever we go during our stay n BALDI.

Looking at the reviews about BALDI, there are many mixed reviews. Is it still in construction?

or any recommended hotels in La Fortuna.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
1. Re: hotels with hot springs

Pretty sure the construction is winding down at Baldi, but they play loud music until around 10pm. There are plenty of other hotels in the area with hot springs such as The Springs Resort, Arenal Springs Resort, Silencio del Campo, Royal Corin, Los Lagos and Arenal Paraiso.

England
2. Re: hotels with hot springs

Springs resort and arenal springs resort are fully booked. I thought that the hot springs in Badi was better than Silencio del Campo, Royal Corin, Los Lagos and Arenal Paraiso?

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 27
3. Re: hotels with hot springs

We stayed at silencio del campo and loved it. All the villas have volcano view, if the weather is nice (I say that becuz I had seen people giving this hotel low rating due to bad weather when they were there, which I find unfair for the hotel).

depends what you're looking for. All we needed was clean pool, hot water, and nice view. We had them all at silencio del campo. The bar is not a swim-up type but we never liked swim-up bar anyway. You can find bath robes in your room and we thought it was nice to have for going to the hot spring.

The restaurant has good food too if you don't want to go all the way down to the town. Silencio is just across Baldi.

You can find my review about this hotel on TA.

England
4. Re: hotels with hot springs

Karin, Thanks for your suggestions!

Baton Rouge...
reviews: 50
5. Re: hotels with hot springs

We enjoyed our stay at Arenal Paraiso and their 9 different springs, but we loved our visit to Eco Termales. They limit the number of visitors and it's generally much higher rated than Baldi.

Atlanta, GA
6. Re: hotels with hot springs

They're all different. Kioro and Royal Corin are more luxurious resorts, private hot springs complexes on property. Montana de Fuego just opened some pools, they and los lagos will be a little more family oriented and less of an evening event. I like the complex at Los Lagos - its nice with waterslides, swim up bar and lots of pools if Kioro was out of your price range. Royal Corin is more like a south beach pool complex as opposed to the little individual pools that they have at some of the other complexes.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
7. Re: hotels with hot springs

Kioro is not a natural hot springs...they pump the water from some where else...that is not a ON SITE hot springs...ARTIFICIAL!!

Silencio del Campo...Tabacon...The Springs..Los Lagos....100% natural hot springs

roadadvisor

Berlin, Germany
8. Re: hotels with hot springs

so which resort did you book? and how was it?

I hope you did not chose Baldi ;)

La Fortuna de San...
reviews: 90
9. Re: hotels with hot springs

The major construction at Baldi is finished although it seems they always have some new project going on. The rooms there are nice but overall it is a loud place because they do blast music all day. I asked the reservations people if people complain about it and they said most people don't which I can't imagine? The other issue is that you can be enjoying the hot springs and then a bus load (literally) will be dropped off and you're now surrounded by hundreds of "day pass" clients. Overall the grounds are nice, the restaurants are beautiful....you just need to know that loud music will be playing all day...if you know what you're getting into (or are looking for a party atmosphere) than this is it. If not, Silencio del Campo would be a much better choice.

Edited: 1:39 pm, January 13, 2013
Berlin, Germany
10. Re: hotels with hot springs

i stayed there few weeks ago and it was the worse place i stayed in CR.

The Manager told me that i am the only one complaining about the bad conditions which I also do not believe. I left after 2 days and left him $192 so he can spend it on "room service".

If you read the reviews most of them are coming from Visitors and not the actual guests. The moldy smell in the room was terrible. Service even worse. It was Christmas day and it was so loud, you could not relax at that place.

You will always have a room free at Baldi Resort, not at Tabacon and other Resorts. You can imagine why..

Finally they charged different amount to my card from what i have originally booked. They run scams to make money. There are plenty reviews which will confirm that. Stay away from that place

Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...