We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apple Vacations Mighty Arenal Package

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oswego, Illinois
reviews: 4
Apple Vacations Mighty Arenal Package

If anyone has taken this package i would like to know a few things.

1. What is the transportation from Liberia to Fortuna? Will it be a large bus with A/C or a small van?

2. We have 3 tours included (Tabacon H.S., Hanging Bridges, Cano Negro). Will there be a set time for a car or bus to pick us up and take us, or do we get vouchers and we set our own schedule).

3. Is Cano Negro worth the drive? Seems like an hour each way for a boat ride is a lot when there is so much to see around Arenal.

Thanks

-F-

Brighton, Michigan
reviews: 2
1. Re: Apple Vacations Mighty Arenal Package

BUMP as I am interested in this also.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 103
2. Re: Apple Vacations Mighty Arenal Package

Hey - although I haven't taken this tour specifically, my husband and I did book tabacon/rainforest tour thru apple vacations when we were there and it was a large tour bus that took us. If I were to make an educated guess, I would expect that you would probably have the large bus as I think it's a pretty popular tour. What resort are you planning to stay at and when are you going if you don't mind my asking? Also - we were given a set time but we booked our tour once we were at the resort, not in advance. If you've already gone I would love to get your feedback! Planning on taking a return trip this summer (but this time with the kids). Would love to visit Monte Verde and Tabacon. Slightly concerned that my son might be too young (he's 4) but our girls are 14 and 17 and they would love it!! Everything is always centered around the 4 year old but I would hate for the girls not to get to experience these things!

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 135
3. Re: Apple Vacations Mighty Arenal Package

Cano Negro is one the most jammed packed wildlife and eco systems in all of Central America, huge variety of birds and reptiles, wetlands and rivers, and great fishing too...

The 10,000 acre Caño Negro Refuge is a remote tropical everglade with a large network of rivers and wildlife. It is home to 350 species of birds, as well as the emerald basilisk, river turtles, caimans, jaguars, ocelots, giant anteaters, monkeys, and many other wild creatures. Guides will take visitors on bird watching and fishing trips along the calm Rio Frio. The best time to visit is during the rainy season when the lake is full.

Arenal is a 3 ring circus in comparison...

Edited: 4:49 pm, January 07, 2013
boston, ma
reviews: 1
4. Re: Apple Vacations Mighty Arenal Package

Went to Cano Negro last year, loved it. Saw tons of wildlife, as referenced above - much more so than at Arenal, which is too high traffic result in many animals retreating deep into the forrest.

5. Re: Apple Vacations Mighty Arenal Package

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, January 09, 2014