We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with accommodation

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Asheville, North...
reviews: 14
Help with accommodation

El Silencio del Campo is booked but I really like the general location of the hotel. Could someone suggest another hotel around that general area.

If you hire a driver from San Jose where in La Fortuna can you pick-up a rental car? I know we want to take some tours but really like to go to the Volcano National Park and restaurants on our own.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
1. Re: Help with accommodation

Maybe check Tabacon, Los Lagos, and Nayara. Don Rufino is a good restaurant if you're looking for one.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
2. Re: Help with accommodation

there are two car rental agencies i know of. in la fortuna there's alamo, and a couple minutes out of lf on the way toward arenal there's mapache. i've used both and had no issues. if you need a private driver from sjo to arenal/la fortuna i highly recommend www.tucanlimoservices.com

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
3. Re: Help with accommodation

Arenal Springs Resort, Los Lagos, Arenal Volcano Inn, Volcano Lodge and Arenal Manoa are all relatively close and roughly in the same price range. There are a few rental car offices in town.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Help with accommodation

Sueño Dorado is a small hotel almost behind Sielencio del Campo...own by the same family that owns Silencio...simple but nice...many people really like it!

Alamo rent a car office in La Fortuna ...great people to dealt with!

Thank you Sonny!

roadadvsior

Costa Rica
5. Re: Help with accommodation

Arenal Kokoro, Arenal Paraiso, Lomas del Volcan, Campos Verdes and Montaña de Fuego are very nice as well and the same price range.....

There are a few rental car offices in Fortuna town

Shuttle companies and private drivers link:

tripadvisor.ca/Travel-g291982-c109576/Costa-…

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 32
6. Re: Help with accommodation

We just left Silencio del campo today. Beautiful rooms. All the rooms are facing the volcano. Staff is always busy keeping the ground clean. We strongly recommended. It's up on the hill and if you want to go down o the town, it costs you about $7. There's a small restaurant on the side street called Soda Visquez. Very good local food and price is very reasonable. Owner Mario is super friendly. If you want to stay in the hotel, their restaurant has amazing food too. I ordered the rice with seafood and hubby got beef fajitas. Both were delicious and only costed us $19.

The htel has its own hot spring nd we loved it. In my opinion it wasn't necessary to pay extra to go somewhere else fot the hot spring.

You can't go wrong ith silencio del campo.

7. Re: Help with accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 29, 2013