We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LA, Calif
reviews: 180
Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

We will be staying in the local area in December. Are there any nearby tours for coffee? We will be in the Central Valley later in our trip and will do one there as well.

Any information will be appreciated

Thanks

22 replies to this topic
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

I honestly can't think of any, I know there are a couple over in Monteverde but I have never heard of one in Arenal. There are a few folks who work in tourism here on the forum and they would know better than I. Sit tight and someone will be along to better respond.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
2. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

Sorry, but I do not know of any coffee tours in Fortuna either.

Bermuda
Destination Expert
for Bermuda
reviews: 26
3. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

i can't say that i've seen a coffee plantation in the area. definitely on the way to monteverde and near poas.

CALI
reviews: 11
4. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

how are you traveling to la fortuna/arenal (rental car, bus)

comming from where?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 93
5. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

We haven't seen any in the Arenal area either, but the Doka tour is nice if you find yourself near Poas.

La Fortuna de San...
6. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

We offer a coffee tour in fortuna! It is an interesting experience as you work in the farm and roast coffee, we are two miles from town. We dont list or promote in trip advisor because it is full of travel agents disguised as tourists and businesses placing fraudulent reviews but i will offer my facebook address if you want to take a look at it:

https:/…DownToEarthCoffeeFarmtour

My name is Matias, i am the owner and i personally do every tour.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
7. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

Thanks for your vote of confidence in Trip Advisor! I am sure that Xelas, SonnySullivan, Raquel Z, Cubanon, Sara F, CRfan, and the many more regular posters here on Trip Advisor are sad to learn that they are either businesses or travel agents.

If you would spend some time with this forum, you will find that most of us "regulars" as well as the many many contributors who have been visitors here can spot the "fraudulent" and point them out, as has happened many times.

That being said - I've made note of your coffee farm and tour. It's great to find out about it so we can let people know. Do you have a website that we can point people to? Not everyone uses Facebook -- me, for instance. It would be nice to be able to tell people something about the tours, your location, prices, what's included, etc.

Be sure to read the Community Guidelines which will help you with any posts you might make so that you can avoid the "self-promotion" no-no.

La Fortuna de San...
8. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

Hattie, i guess you hit the nail in the head: i have NO confidence in Trip Advisor, less now that Expedia, its owner, is actively turning it into a booking engine.

Have had my personal experiences with TA and have long decided not to actively participate in it. I went in and responded the post because a friend alerted me about it.

I appreciate your interested in my coffee tour but Facebook is the only online presence that we have. Most of our bookings come from the people who come to the store/shop in Fortuna and the agencies in San Jose like CR expeditions, CR Vacations, Travel Excellence, etc.

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
9. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

Thanks for the information, Matias. What is the "store/shop" that you wrote about in Fortuna?

Unless you really don't want more customers, then maybe a bit more information about what you offer? Not everyone wants to book through one of the agencies you mention.

How would someone who is in the Arenal area contact you or get information?

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 248
10. Re: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area

Our caravan tour is going to Café Brit coffee planation.

Reply to: Coffee Tour in La Fortuna/Arenal area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted