We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in La Fortuna

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, U.K.
reviews: 2
One day in La Fortuna

We will be staying at the Springs resort and Spa for 2 nights and I want to make the most of the one full day we have in the area.

I would like to do the hanging bridges, sky tram, get some good views/photos of the volcano, see some wildlife, mud pools and maybe squeeze in an ATV trip. I do not mind starting very early and would like advice on the best order to go about this due to location and which to omit if it will not be possible to do everything.

Is there an existing tour that includes all or most of the above or will I need to find my own transport to the different locations and are they quite close to each other.

I realise this is a complicated question but I know you guys love a challenge.

Thanks for your time and help, MF5.

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: One day in La Fortuna

Maybe start at Sky Treck early in the morning...then Hanging bridges...between the two places you can take some great volcano pictures...sorry not mud baths...those are mostly located at Rincon de la Vieja Volcano...Check Hotel Hacienda Guachiplein..by the way Guachiplein is about 3 hours by car from La Fortuna...

Around 3 PM maybe the ATV...to finish with a nice visit to a nice hot spring and relax...!!

roadadvisor

Edited: 6:05 pm, October 04, 2012
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 102
2. Re: One day in La Fortuna

We did the Hanging Bridges with a guide from Desafio and went about 8:00 a.m. We saw howlers, a toucan, and some other cool birds. I think a.m. is best for seeing wildlife before it gets too hot. I'd do Sky Trek after that. You'll get great volcano pictures from the resort. You can see the volcano right out your window and from your balcony/patio. I wouldn't waste my time doing an ATV tour on that tight of a schedule. Are you going to do any of the Club Rio activities that The Springs offers? The river tubing is awesome, and the area by the river is gorgeous. If you have time, the Penas Blancas river float is fun and gives you another chance to see wildlife. If you do a guided tour of the Hanging Bridges, they'll pick you up and drop you back off. Sky Trek will do the same.

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
3. Re: One day in La Fortuna

I agree with starting at the Hanging Bridges (http://www.hangingbridges.com/), then Sky Trek (I do not care for the bridges at Sky). Anything else would be pushing it and risking missing the tour anyway. One possibility if you are set on ATV is doing the others, then you can ask Sky to drop you off in La Fortuna. There is a company that rents ATVs by the hour in the parking lot across from the Lava Lounge. Other than that, there is plenty to do at The Springs as volcanogirl mentioned.

4. Re: One day in La Fortuna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, December 14, 2013