We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ginger Sushi at The Springs

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Midwest
reviews: 11
Ginger Sushi at The Springs

Does The Springs frown upon people just eating at the restuarant? II've read mixed reviews about the food but is their more formal dining room La Venentre really expensive? Normally seek out places that have a bar to sit at as I travel alone and love to people watch :)

I'll be there during high season right after the 1st of the year, (staying at Arenal Springs Resort) but thought it would be fun just to go see the Springs.

Since I will have the access to the springs at the resort I'm staying at, I don't want to pay for a two day pass to go eat dinner, knowing I won't be using the springs.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 94
1. Re: Ginger Sushi at The Springs

I don't think they would mind at all, but you could e-mail and ask them. We had to wear a bracelet that said we were staying there. We found the food there to be very good. Las Ventanas is expensive, and it's pretty sophisticated food. The views from the restaurant are beautiful. We also really liked the open air casual restaurant that's down by the river. We had the place to ourselves when we went. Prices there are really affordable. We had some great empanadas and salads there. Very fresh and yummy. There are some bar areas scattered throughout the hotel. Just sort of as you're walking through. One has great views of the volcano. We saw a few people hanging out there. I'm sure there will be a lot more in high season. For us the best part of the resort was their Club Rio with the tubing and everything else on the river. That area is really pretty and lots of fun. If you use the springs, they have servers that will take your food and drink order, and you can eat by the pools.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Ginger Sushi at The Springs

For great food...DON RUFINOS or NENE´s in La Fortuna...

roadadvisor

Midwest
reviews: 11
3. Re: Ginger Sushi at The Springs

Thanks - Don Rufinos is on my list already! I'll only be in La Fortuna for three nights in between Quepos and Puerto Viejo. First trip to Quepos and La Fortuna.

4. Re: Ginger Sushi at The Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:18 pm, December 14, 2013