We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roadadvisor

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
albany ny
reviews: 2
roadadvisor

how do I obtain your rates?

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
1. Re: roadadvisor

http://www.tucanlimoservices.com/ that should do it

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: roadadvisor

Thank you INCA...nice of you!

roadadvisor

Eugene, Oregon
reviews: 5
3. Re: roadadvisor

RE: Driving from Manuel Antonio to Liberia, beware police robbery on road near Miramar turnoff.

We were stopped on the main highway by a local police officer. Our papers were in order, but he looked in the backseat and saw that our teenager was not seat belted. He then said it was an infraction and we had to pay a fine. It "would be cheaper" to pay him than to have to go to the office and pay. Initially he said $28 dollars, but when my husband opened his wallet, he said$40 dollars.

This all happened very quickly. My husband speaks pretty good spanish, but we weren't prepared for this.

I had read in guide books never to pay a police officer directly, but you have to know what to say, and that is hard under pressure. In hind sight, I wish we had asked for his name and badge number, where his station was, and then asked him to please write down the infraction and we would pay at the office.

We were robbed by an unethical officer. Be prepared.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: roadadvisor

So sorry...as you said you or anybody is never prepared for a robbery...I will check and let the officer in charge what is going on ...I know a few of them around that Miramar turn off...

To bad as you said we do not have a badge number or anything from this crook..

Once again my apologies as a Costarican...that is no good for us...but you can find crook cops here...USA or Canada ..etc.....no matter how much they make ayear ...a little or a lot...a corrupt cop is always a corrupt cop!

roadadvisor

Edited: 9:22 pm, August 17, 2012