We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall choice?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 1
Waterfall choice?

La Fortuna Waterfall or Nauyaca Waterfall ... or both?

Are there differences between them?Suggestions/recommendations?

Thanks!

Alajuela, Costa Rica
reviews: 32
1. Re: Waterfall choice?

hello,

la Fortuna waterfall is the best

Melissa

www.vert-costa-rica.com

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 95
2. Re: Waterfall choice?

We've only been to La Fortuna waterfall, but it's exceptionally beautiful. Very tall, lush and green, and a nice crystal clear river where you can swim.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Waterfall choice?

If you have the tiem do both...but out of the two I really like LA Fortuna...

roadadvisor

Pennsylvania
reviews: 1
4. Re: Waterfall choice?

That settles it - we will do both! Thank you!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
reviews: 2
5. Re: Waterfall choice?

I've been to both and they are different, both are worth the trip! As I recall, the hike to Nauyaca was a bit easier than the hike down to La Fortuna. But I don't know what it is like to hike all the way into Nauyaca as we took the horse back tour to get there and the point at which you get off the horses is fairly close to the falls.

I also recall the water was much colder at La Fortuna. I loved both falls. Could not say I have a favorite!

San Jose
reviews: 22
6. Re: Waterfall choice?

Its been a while since Ive been to Nauyaca...but what some impressive waterfalls. You do need to do some part to get there by horseback, but I believe that just adds to the adventure. The waterfall at La fortuna is also beautiful but Nauyaca is quite impressive.

7. Re: Waterfall choice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, August 10, 2013
Get answers to your questions about La Fortuna de San...