We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hot Springs Help

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frisco, Texas
reviews: 43
Hot Springs Help

Any suggestion on which hot springs are best? Tabacon seems to get a lot of pub, but Eco-termales family-run bit seems cool.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: Hot Springs Help

Great vibe at Eco Termales, drinks on the honor system, decent food (if you wish) clean lockers and showers, and the pools are formed by a river of volcanic water, lower pools, lower temp. Here is a recent thread with contact info

tripadvisor.com/…42245709

Have a great holiday

Frisco, Texas
reviews: 43
2. Re: Hot Springs Help

Thanks!

Berkeley Heights...
reviews: 4
3. Re: Hot Springs Help

Went to Tabacon 2 weeks ago. Was impressed wih the grounds, had a very natural feeling to it, and more then enough waterfalls and rivers and pools that you can avoid crowds even on busy days. We failed to make it there at night because of rainy weather but I'm sure it would have been amazing to go when it's dark and less crowded. Drinks are very expensive though(about $11). They will honor your bracelet for a couple of days so you can re enter more than once.

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 5
4. Re: Hot Springs Help

Everyone should visit Tabacon at least once in their lifetime! Yes is expensive, but totally worth it.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Hot Springs Help

Very much with Cubanon...try Tabacon at least once...but Eco Termales is a great place own and run by a costarican family...great decent people!!

roadadvisor

Houston, Texas
reviews: 13
6. Re: Hot Springs Help

We just visited Eco Termales this week. It was quite an amazing experience.

It isn't as big as most of the thermals however, it is nice, cozy and you feel like you are soaking in with the landscape which is lush and exquisite. They only allow in 100 guests at each of the time slots to avoid over crowding. It is nestled right across from the more tourist infested Baldi. If you didn't know where it was you would totally over look it. There are 4 pools and a smaller cool pool. The drinks are served on the honor system and very reasonable. I had a few of their delicious (and generous in size) Mango daiquiris and they came out to be $4 a piece.

If you want rest, quiet and relaxation with that natural in the rain forrest feel, I totally recommend Eco Termales.

Monterey Bay...
reviews: 39
7. Re: Hot Springs Help

I must be the minority, but I didn't feel Tabacon was worth it. We were a family of 4, so I think it came to $180 without dinner. We chose the no meal plan option based upon the reviews of mediocre food quality.

We went at the 6-10pm shift which made it difficult to see the grounds. The lighting is extremely low and within the first few minutes my agile daughter had slipped and slammed to the ground. For the rest of the time, we used extreme caution getting around as visibility wasn't the best.

The place was empty! We ran into a few people here and there, but otherwise we had it to ourselves. In hindsight, for a soak in hot water, I'd check out EcoTermales next time.

Billings, Montana
reviews: 125
8. Re: Hot Springs Help

Depends on your budget. I just got from a honeymoon trip. We were staying at the Royal Corin. We did the dinner and evening spa packages at both Tabacon and The Springs Resort. If you're a couple make sure to go to Tabacon before leaving Arenal.

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Hot Springs Help

Great mini report by Kolmedo 19 ...that is exactly the way I see Eco Termales!

Baldi...no thank you!

roadadvisor

NY
reviews: 65
10. Re: Hot Springs Help

I recommend The Springs Resort and Spa. The place is incredible.