We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re: Taxis from airport to hotels

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
san pedro
reviews: 31
re: Taxis from airport to hotels

Hola- Is it less expensive to get a taxi from La Fortuna airport (Nature Air) to Lost Iguana than the hotel picking us up? They quote $40 to pick us up.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
1. Re: re: Taxis from airport to hotels

It is quite a distance, the airport is not truly in La Fortuna. I would ask Nature Air if they provide or recommend a service, and the last time I was by the airport, I did see 3-4 taxis rojos out front with the drivers all chatting about something...must have been a slow day. If $40US is your baseline, make the drivers an offer, after all they want to go back to town.

Have a safe flight.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: re: Taxis from airport to hotels

Most of the time the Hotels charge more for any transportaion...maybe in your case is better to try to deal with a taxi once at arrival...some people hang around El Tanque Airport at each flight the ride to La Fortuna is about 25 minutes to Lost Iguana can be about 40 minutes...is not a short distance!

roadadvisor

3. Re: re: Taxis from airport to hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 20, 2013