We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
reviews: 1
Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

I'll be travelling to Costa Rica in July and am thinking of doing an evening visit to Eco Termales. It seems like you can't book directly through them so for anyone that's gone before, did you use Anywhere Costa Rica or an alternate company? Any issues with booking or tips I should know about?

It seems like dinner + entrance to the springs is about $50/person, does anyone know what a typical dinner tends to be and if drinks are pricey/allowed in the hot springs?

Lastly, I've never been to a hot springs and was wondering how deep they tend to be? Do they require serious swimming abilities or are you mostly standing in them?

Thanks for all of your help!

San Jose, Costa Rica
1. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

Great questions...no you do not nedd to swim...even a young kid can walk at most pools...

The mail to make reservations is...ecoterfo@racsa.co.cr

Drinks are not that expensive either...they run a honor billl...you just pay at the end...good fruit juicxes...

Roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
2. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

Sorry but the correct email for booking the thermal pools is: chutaro01@hotmail.com, (yes, that has been verified as Racsa is having issues) and the pools are waist deep in most, but rough rock/fine gravel on the bottom (and no chance of anything living in them, just toooo hot) You can have your drink/beer/wine in the pools, and you pay upon leaving. Your hotel can make the arrangements, or call them direct and use a card tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g309226-d1… It's $34US per adult, just under $20US for dinner, and beer starts at $2.50US. Have a great time.

Edited: 10:33 pm, June 28, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
3. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

You can used either mail addr...they both work just great...I mail them all the time...last time this morning and I already have the answer from them...good to have different mails...at the end you may need only one!

Please do not hesitate to ask any question here at the forum any time!

roadavisor

4. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline with regards to harassment of another user. We will remove messages that include personal attacks or hostility directed at an individual user or group of users, threatening language or attempts to force a user to discontinue participation on our forums.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:48 pm, June 30, 2012
San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

Yes Cajon Traveler has the correct email for Ecotermales. If you want to contact them directly use chutaro01@hotmail.com. Ecotermales is a very nice hot springs place.

Toronto
reviews: 1
6. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

Thanks for the quick replies!

San Jose, Costa Rica
7. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

Your are WELCOME!!

Please enjoy our country as much as we natives do!

roadadvisor

Houston, Texas
reviews: 13
8. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

I just booked online today via that same email. It was given to me by my hotel. They are quick to respond. Nothing to hold a reservation besides your name.

San Jose, Costa Rica
9. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

Thank you for let us know...nice to have different e-mails ...some times some work...some times they do not...but nice that the reservation was done...now every body is happpy...

Please let us know HERE at the forum if we can help you in any other way!

Please enjoy our country as much as we natives do!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
10. Re: Eco termales - how to book & depth of hot springs?

Yes, thank you for coming to enjoy the most beautiful scenery in the world. Eco Termales is a great place with a cool vibe while you soak. Glad some of us could straighten out the email issue for you, it's a shame when advice is often given with inaccuracies, which can ruin or delay someone's vacation of a lifetime. Have a great time.

Edited: 1:42 pm, July 13, 2012