We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Fortuna Waterfall or Rio Celeste Waterfall

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Texas
reviews: 7
La Fortuna Waterfall or Rio Celeste Waterfall

If you are staying in La Fortuna area, is it still worth it to go to Rio Celeste or is the La Fortuna waterfall comparable?

Costa Rica
reviews: 23
31. Re: La Fortuna Waterfall or Rio Celeste Waterfall

You can bring hiking poles - or - you can get a wooden "staff" cut for you from a branch or small tree. I don't know of any guides or tour companies that provide hiking poles.

Barrie, Canada
reviews: 33
32. Re: La Fortuna Waterfall or Rio Celeste Waterfall

I was swimming in Rio Celeste a week ago and despite some reasonably heavy overnight rain it was stil a beautiful blue turquoise colour. I can't speak to the hike because we did it from a friends farm that the river runs through. If you happen to be driving the longer route between San Rafael to Upala there is actually a bridge where you can stop and See the river wwithout hiking (but not the waterfall)

33. Re: La Fortuna Waterfall or Rio Celeste Waterfall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, June 22, 2014