We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kensington...
Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

Is this a must, or can you just show up? Are there only set times when they set out with tours, or are they pretty much constant? We would rather play things by ear and go when we feel like it, but I also don't want to miss anything by not having a reservation. Thanks!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 102
1. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

You can just show up at the Hanging Bridges as long as its during their normal business hours. They have tours that leave at specific times, but it's easy to do on your own if you want to do that. Hiring a guide will up your chances of seeing wildlife. We didn't see any when we did it on our own. We booked ahead at Sky because we were ziplining and those slots fill up and sell out, but it looked to me like you wouldn't need to book ahead if you just want to ride the tram.

San Jose, Costa Rica
2. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

It is a nice tour...and plenty room for many people...you really do not have to make reservations...you can see what time is better for you...also regarding the weather...

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 36
3. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

Agree with all of the above, book it when you are here is no biggie for that tour. Have a blast.

Cheers

La Fortuna de San...
Destination Expert
for La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 7
4. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

Sky occasionally sells out and you risk not being able to get a guide at Arenal Hanging Bridges. If you know you want to do Sky in particular and definitely want a guide for the bridges, it is better to make reservations.

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

I would suggest that you reserve at least the day before to ensure that space is available . As exploringCA mentioned they occasionally sell out.

south riding,va
reviews: 27
6. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

We reserved the combo of

Hanging garden- sky tram- sky trek( zipline)

For a discounted price through

Purevidaeh and really enjoyed the guided your and the zipline

You can do all of it in 4-5 hrs so that the evening is free.

Visit purevidaeh website( you will not regret it)

Atlanta
reviews: 6
7. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

I'll be in Costa Rica in the first week of Aug. We are looking to do the sky tram / trek / hanging bridge combo tour too. There are 6 of us total and trying to get everyone to agree on a day is getting difficult. In Aug any thoughts if we need to book now before we arrive or can we book a day in advance once we get there?

Does anyone know if there are any coupons / discounts sites to book this tour?

Thanks for any help

San Jose, Costa Rica
8. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

You can book once you are here...no problema...be extra carefull with some people offering discounts...they are not register or ceritifed tour operators or travel agents...they just split the commision places pay them as finders fee...the best is conatc the service providers and ask them for a cash discount...you will save money... !!

roadadivsor

south riding,va
reviews: 27
9. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

I respect roadadvisor advice

But the website we used

Purevidaeh.com

Did not take any money from us and I booked 3 tours from them and for confirmation they asked us to pay for one of the tours directly to the tour company

Visit their site for more information

Unity, Maine
reviews: 17
10. Re: Reserve ahead for Hanging Bridges and Sky Tram?

I emailed them in May when we booked in advance asking about a cash advance. They didn't offer one to us.