We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

My boyfriend and I are torn on deciding which of the two to book our trip for 5 nights the 2nd week of June 2012. I have been to Costa Rica and stayed in AI in Guanacaste and he has never been. We both want to try something different and adventurous. We like both properties, I'm aware that Nayara is expensive but what i'm drawn to is the balcony with the jacuzzi, hotel overall and he wants Arenal Springs for the bigger pool and springs and because it is less expensive. Can someone please help us decide if staying at Arenal Springs is a better option considering we will need the extra $$ for meals and tours.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 122
1. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

We've stayed at Nayara - we really liked it a lot, very beautiful property with nice amenities, nice view, and a great restaurant. Haven't stayed at the other place so can't compare, but Nayara is great. When we were there, they were doing construction so you might want to check on that if you're interested in booking. I'd just request a room away from any construction if you decide to stay there.

2. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 pm, April 24, 2012
Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
3. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

I'm with Volcanogirl, Nayara gets my vote.

Chicago
4. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

Thank you all for the helpful advice. We decided on Arenal Springs Resort! Can't wait for our trip in June!

San Jose, Costa Rica
5. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

You will have a great trip. Arenal Springs has its own hot springs on site

Unity, Maine
reviews: 17
6. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

We're going to Arenal Springs in May and will be sure to post a review!

7. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:38 pm, April 24, 2012
Houlton, Maine
reviews: 5
8. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

We just got back last night from Costa Rica and we stayed at Arenal Springs. We loved it there. It is beautiful! You have your own little duplex cottage with front porch and rocking chairs. All rooms have great views of the volcano. We stayed in 609 which was a little bit of a walk from pool area and dining area but we liked it because it was quiet and we didn't mind the walk. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and comes with the room. You also have a couple of options for other meals. There is the pool bar which serves good food such as burgers, chicken fingers and then the dining room has a full varied menu which was good. We stayed at a much more plush and more expensive hotel in Manuel Antonio and we preferred Arenal Springs. Oh and the hot springs were great! There were times when we had them all to ourselves. Let me know if I can answer any questions.

Greenville, South...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

I was wondering about how much you paid per night at these resorts? and the time of year you went as far as high season vs low season? (we are thinking of going in September).

Houlton, Maine
reviews: 5
10. Re: Nayara Arenal or Arenal Springs Resort?

We were in Costa Rica at the end of April 2012 which is the end of their busy tourist season and our stay at Arenal Springs ran about $164 per night. That price includes a wonderful breakfast buffet. We thought it was a very fair price. The end of April was great - not alot of people around and the weather was still great. Usually rained late afternoon but only for a short time. Rest of the day was beautiful! You will love Costa Rica!