We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coffee store in La Fortuna

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 11
Coffee store in La Fortuna

When I was in La Fortuna earlier this year, there was a little store that sold coffee and coffee liquor (among many other delicious coffee items). I believe it was located on the north side of the park, and if I remember correctly, the place was run by an American ex-Pat. I can't remember the name of the store or the coffee plantation for the life of me, and I'm hoping to order some more. Can anyone help? Thanks!

La Fortuna de San...
1. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

Hi... I know that man, he has a nice old green jeep... I think he is not more in the bussenes but today on my way back home i will check and give you the info tomarrow......

Pura Vida

reviews: 14
2. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

I believe the store you are talking about is called Down to Earth http://godowntoearth.com/

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 11
3. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

Yes! Thank you m90! Imagine my surprise to see this thread come up after 4 months!

La Fortuna de San...
4. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

Chicagoan312, hi! You are asking about my store. My name is Matias and i wanted to tell you that i moved. I am now one block up, on the side of the church instead of in front of the park.

Mike works for me since 2009 and yes, he is from the States, Las Vegas to be exact.

Please let me know if ther eis anything I can do for you.

Matias Zeledon

Tampa, FL
reviews: 9
5. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

What's the name of the store? I'm definitely going to make a stop there when I'm in the area this summer. LOVE coffee!

La Fortuna de San...
6. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

Down to Earth Coffee, ph # is 8381-5749. We produce and roast our own so it is going to be very distinctive coffee. Our hours are 10 am to 6 pm.

I hope you do make it. We are also set up to explain a lot of interesting things about coffee and have a Roasting tour where you end up roasting your own coffee.

La Fortuna de San...
7. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

check us out on facebook facebook.com/pages/…210979112322643

La Fortuna de San...
8. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

Hi, i think you got me confused with somebody else. I have never owned a green jeep. I have a red ford pick up truck and i am still in business, in the building beyond the post office.

Come by and have a coffee with us.

Best,

Matias

Tampa, FL
reviews: 9
9. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

Checked out the FB page. Will visit. Very glad you mentioned you have a tour so I can be sure to make some time in my schedule to do this. Actually, really glad to have found this post so now I know to seek out the shop!

La Fortuna de San...
10. Re: Coffee store in La Fortuna

Great, tks. BTW, tour is reservation only, think about it and let me know so i can schedule it.