We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, TX
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

Hola! I would love advice from someone who has zip lined with both companies. We were in Costa Rica in December and rafted on Rio Toro with Desafio and canyoneering with Pure Trek...loved both. Now we are coming back in 2 weeks...this time with our 7 (almost 8 yr old). I know Sky Trek says 8. She is taller than most 8 yr olds (and some 9) (we are tall), very athletic, and adventurous. She has zip lined on her own (with no guide attached) over the Smoky Mountains in Tennesee...6 lines...longest being over 1600 ft...and she LOVED it. I know Sky Trek says 8 she will be just shy of 8. We will be driving in from Liberia....Isn't Sky Trek on the way in? I thought about stopping there on way in and getting it done. Or on the way out. Although I am not sure if I would feel great about leaving all my belongings in the vehicle. I began reading about Adventura Mundo and that lookes neat since it goes by the water fall. Can anyone make a good recommedation for which company? We are going to canyoneer one day as well. Thanks! Also...is it hard to find the tarzan swing they speak of on Desafio website...el salto? I also thought it would be fun to do a self hike to la fortuna water fall

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,965 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

Yes if you are driving from Liberia...you just cross the Arenal LAke damm...keep going you will see a small Police Stationa at your left....make a right...and follow signs to Sky Treck maybe about 20 minutes from the Police station...

I will never trust a company that will take kids...based on age...not all kids at same age are the same...the best is what you are doing...have then see the kids..

Mundo Aventua is a really nice place...and fin place...honestly I have no idea what really happend to them,,,but the sales went down...but incredible nice location...go check it out...drive to town...at Alamo rent a car make a right...and just keep going...you will drive by La Fortuna river bridge...just 2 minutes from there at your right is Arenal Mundo Aventura...

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
48 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

Thank you~! Do you recommend one over the other? I liked the idea how adventura mundo goes by the waterfall! But everyone seems to love sky trek. If we stop at Sky Trek on the way in....is it safe...because we would have all our belongings in the car. I just want to make the most of the short time we are there. Because we go back to Playa Conchal/Flamingo at the end of our trip.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
32 posts
3. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

We did horseback riding with Arenal Mundo Aventura and at the time there was another group that was doing the ziplines there (we were picked up together in the same transportation). We crossed paths with them a couple times during our activity and one thing I noticed was that there was quite a bit of walking/hiking involved for the ziplines at Arenal Mundo.

We personally did Sky Trek for our ziplining on that same day, and the big bonus to Sky Trek is that they have the Sky Tram that you ride to the top of the canopy to the starting zip line platforms. There is absolutely no walking and hiking involved.

We did so many activities that involved hiking and once I saw that the Arenal Mundo Aventura involved a lot of hiking to the platforms, I was happy with our choice of doing Sky Trek instead. However with that said, we have talked to people who highly recommended the ziplines at Arenal Mundo, and they are located on a very nice property. We absolutely loved our guide that we had during our horseback ride with them.

As far as parking with your belongings in the car at Sky Trek, I don't think it would be a very big problem, although you are always taking a bit of a risk. Where sky trek is located they are very far back on a dirt road past the entrance to the national park. They are literally the only thing close around there, so you are not in a high traffic area at all.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
72 posts
9 reviews
4. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

We just returned home from CR and did the Sky Trek with our 9 and 10 year old kids who are very small for their ages. They went solo on line 1, 2 and 8 because they lines are so short. They went with a guide on 3-7 because they wouldn't have weighed enough to get all the way across the VERY LONG lines. Sky Trek was awesome. Safe platforms, professional guides, and friendly. My kids had a blast. You could say she's 9, they don't check and it is not a safety issue at all!!

They have a security guard in the parking lot, so we felt safe leaving our things in the car. We only took our waterproof camera with us. Have fun!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
5. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

Mundo Aventura is an incredible experience. It is definitly as good as the Canopy tour I did in Monteverde. It is beautiful with wonderful treks across a waterfall. Very long and exciting runs and beautiful (and strenuous) walks in the woods!

south riding,va
Level Contributor
39 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

We did sky trek with tram

We had 7 yr old with us and a staff person went with him although let him go alone on last line of 30 m long

I posted my review on sky trek and I can personally tell you that this was the best ziplining I have done.

If you book through a website

Purevidaeh they can get you 8-10 percent off!

Asheville, North...
Level Contributor
156 posts
14 reviews
7. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

About how long did it take for a family of 4 to do the ziplines? Trying to see what else we can do in the same day.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
801 posts
85 reviews
8. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

" About how long did it take for a family of 4 to do the ziplines? "

Just got back from there and our unrelated group of 8 went up the gondola at 12:30 and were back in the parking lot at 2:45.... so 2 hours 15 minutes from start to finish.

We left stuff in the car, but used the on-site lockers for valuables.

best... ziplines... anywhere :) :)

5 posts
9. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

Sky Trek isn't going to ask for ID, they'll just ask how old she is. Just say she's 8. This isn't the US, they're not going to scan her passport to let her in :)

If they ask for a passport, ,just say you don't have it with you. If she looks close to 8, they'll take your money happily. This isn't the US where people sue left and right!

10. Re: Sky Trek or Adventura Mundo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 pm, December 14, 2013