We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Fortuna to Poas?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sykesville, MD
reviews: 4
La Fortuna to Poas?

During my stay in CR, I want to head over to Poas to check that out. Seems like there are tons of great hotel options in La Fortuna, but not many near Poas (the only one I could find was the Poas Volcano Lodge).

So I was thinking about driving over to Poas and hiking around and then driving back to my hotel at La Fortuna. Good or bad idea? The other thing to consider is the following morning I have to head back to San Jose to catch a flight home.

San Francisco
1. Re: La Fortuna to Poas?

rhinoboard, hi! sorry but it does make any sense to do it that way.

From any hotel around the airport in the central valley, you can travel to Poas in 30 minutes.

something that confuses people, and it did confused us, is that the airport is identified as SJO (San Jose) but it is located in the province of Alajuela, where Poas volcano is too.

please get to Poas volcano as early in the morning as possible.

2. Re: La Fortuna to Poas?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, September 27, 2009