We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Arenal end of May?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NY
Weather in Arenal end of May?

Hello, some friends and I are going to be Costa Rica over Memorial Day weekend. I have heard that it will probably be raining alot. Can someone please tell me is it continuos rain or are there a few showers and then it clears up? Also, does the weather affect any activities that you may want to do?

Thanks!

California
reviews: 53
1. Re: Weather in Arenal end of May?

the weather is unpredictable, even in dry season Arenal can get heavy downpours or quick showers, bring light rain coats and appropriate shoes for getting wet. you can still hike and sightsee in the rain but canopy tours can be miserable if the rain comes down hard, play it by ear when you are there, if the weather is good go for those activities

NY
2. Re: Weather in Arenal end of May?

Thank you!

On a side note, are hiking shoes required for activities or will regular sneakers suffice? thx.

3. Re: Weather in Arenal end of May?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, September 26, 2009