We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

la fortuna hotels/distance to San Jose

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
va
la fortuna hotels/distance to San Jose

My husband and I are planning a trip in August with our four children staying a week at the beach and would like to stop at Arenal on the return trip to San Jose Airport. How long will it take to get to the Airport from La Fortuna? Our flight doesn't leave until 2:00 and I'd like to stay the last 2 nights in the volcano area but am worried about getting to the airport from there. Also, we contacted Hotel Silencio del Campo and their reservation form requires a copy of my passport, my credit card and signature. Is that safe? And lastly, being that we require 2 rooms for 6 people is it worth it to stay at Hotel Silencio del Campo or are there other accommodations that would be better? Volcano Lodge is a little cheaper and on the Lava flow side but with no hot springs on sight. Thanks for your help!

costaricatraveller

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: la fortuna hotels/distance to San Jose

The drive is about 3 hours...you must be leaving La Fortuna by 8 am...just to have some extra time just in case...is great road all the way!!

Silencio del Campo is own and run by a very nice local family...they do have enough money I do not think they will like to do any funny thing with your CC information!!

Silencio is a nice place and nice little hot springs...

Arenal Volcano Lodge is a 100 rooms hotel...nice gardens...nice pools...good food...good location!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

2. Re: la fortuna hotels/distance to San Jose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:32 am, September 26, 2009