We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay with kids (9 and 11) in La Fortuna area?

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vermont
reviews: 2
Where to stay with kids (9 and 11) in La Fortuna area?

Well be there in about 4 days and it is the only part of our trip I have not determined lodging for. Yes, a pool is a must. A fridge would help, and a kitchenette, too, though I'm not counting on it. Nice atmosphere and views --and a pool, without breaking what remains of the (plastic) bank would fit the bill. Thanks all!

st louis
reviews: 11
1. Re: Where to stay with kids (9 and 11) in La Fortuna area?

We just returned from am AMAZING 4 night stay at El Silencio del Campo last week. It was my husband, myself, and our son, 8. Wonderful individual bungalows, swimming pool, and even better on site thermal pool. Wonderful breakfast in am included in cost of room. I believe we paid about $117 per night, tax and breakfast included. Good mix of families and travellers of all ages. We booked based on so many positive tripadvisor reviews and we were not at all disappointed.

St. Petersburg, FL
reviews: 8
2. Re: Where to stay with kids (9 and 11) in La Fortuna area?

If you are looking for something less expensive, I just returned from Arenal and stayed at El Sesteo hotel in La Fortuna. It has a beautiful pool and view of Arenal. Also, it is really close to town and a good little ice cream shop called Eskimo just a few blocks from the hotel. It's run by a very friendly Costa Rican family and is very clean with nice grounds. You can check out the web site. http://www.arenal.net/hotel/el-sesteo/

Fayetteville, North...
3. Re: Where to stay with kids (9 and 11) in La Fortuna area?

Los Lagos is the place. 3 water slides, zipline and horseback all on the property.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
4. Re: Where to stay with kids (9 and 11) in La Fortuna area?

Los Lagos is a good option...Arenal Volcano Lodge...great gardens nice pool, good food...and El Sesteo , smaller place with nice little pool...

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

5. Re: Where to stay with kids (9 and 11) in La Fortuna area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 25, 2009