We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern california
reviews: 1
construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

Normally I would just go with the hotel reviews on this site but my daughter has a brain injury that makes her very sensitive to noise. I am using the replies to my previous forum question and have chosen Silencio del Campo. I understand there is construction next door and we look forward to spending quiet time at the pool and hotel hot spring. We will be doing some tours, but nothing where she could injure her head again ,she also cannot have too much activity in one day and therefore the tranquility of the hotel is important to us. Some occasional noise from next door would be okay but something like constant pounding or jackhammering is out of the question. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. We will be there June 7-10.

Thanks, Deb

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

Deb...I do not think ...a lot of noise is produce by the construction next door...to me it looks that is almost done...but in your case...you better ask Kattya the owner of Silencio del Campo...ask her in the candid way you wrote your post!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

northern california
2. Re: construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

Yes, you are right. I will contact the hotel with my concerns.

thanks, Deb

Vancouver, BC
reviews: 78
3. Re: construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

We were there over Easter and while they were not working over Easter, even on the Monday there was little noise. We noticed that mattresses had been delivered so that I think most of the structural major construction is done.

It is a monstrosity however.

I think you will love El Silencio del Campo. Say hi to Tiki the chihuahua and the parrot and have a drink by their hot springs at the back. The grounds are beautiful. With any luck the volcano will show itself.

northern california
4. Re: construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

Knowing that the major construction is almost complete really helps. We'll be there the second week of june so I feel safe in making the reservation.

Thanks, Deb

st louis
reviews: 10
5. Re: construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

We were just there last week and although the new hotel next door is ugly, noisy it was not. My fear is that when occupied it will be noisy, but at least for now it is quiet...and el silencio is heavenly!

Seattle
reviews: 4
6. Re: construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

We were there two weeks ago, and yes there was construction going on, but the noise was pretty minimal, and we had a bungalow right next to the new hotel. I had a sprained ankle and had to hang out at the hotel during the day while my friends were out hiking, and the noise really didn't bother me, and if you close the windows and turn on the air conditioning, then you will for sure not hear anything. I concur that you should let the owners know of your concerns in advance, though, and ask for a room further away from the hotel.

I've been meaning to post a review of this hotel but haven't gotten around to it yet. We loved the room and the grounds overall, but I should warn against the food--it was absolutely terrible. I still highly recommend this place, but don't eat there.

7. Re: construction noise at Silencio del Campo? please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, September 23, 2009