We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
northern california
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

My daughter and I are looking for a hotel with hot springs on their grounds. We like to spend a lot of time in the water. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If possible the cost should be under $100 and a filling breakfast should be included. I know this info is probably somewhere on this site and I have been reading the hotel reviews but my head is just overflowing with all the information.

Thanks, Deb

California
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

Hotel Silencio Del Campo has a wonderful hot spring pool that was recently completed, also regular pool

it is a wonderful place to stay with very good food too and a wonderful staff. the grounds are amazing

also a super clean place, I loved it and I am very picky about hotels

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
1,222 posts
98 reviews
2. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

El Silencio del Campo has a hot springs pool on site besides being without doubt the best hotel in La Fortuna and the one we most enjoyed on our trip. The rate for two would be in the $100 range including a full breakfast (pancakes or a tico breakfast, and several other choices, fruit, juice and cofee).

They have a great view of the volcano when it is visible and is only slightly obstructed by the obscenity that has arisen next door.

If you want more pool, El Silencio is connected to Ecotermales which is just a 100-150 meters down the road and the huge, tour infested Baldi which is across the road from Ecotermales.

Look at the reviews for El Silencio. You will not be disappointed even if you go a bit over your budget.

Level Contributor
806 posts
3. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

Arenal Paraiso and Los Lagos also have hot springs pools.

There's obviously Tabacon though it won't be in your price range. We stayed at Lost Iguana and although I don't think it's spring-fed, they have a very nice hot pool (large enough to swim in) with a swim-up bar.

Fayetteville, North...
Level Contributor
41 posts
4. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

Los Lagos has hot pools and the water slides (3) are great. The breakfast is included and very good.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
44,953 posts
19 reviews
5. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

Silencio del Campo is your place...Kathy Hidalgo and her husband...are great hostess!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!

A nice place
Level Contributor
717 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

I totally agree with the above, Hotel Los Lagos is a very nice place to stay!

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
12 reviews
7. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

Howe old is your daughter. Just took my 11 year old to Los Lagos and she loved it. The warm pool is wonderful and there are cold pools as well.

Bethesda, MD
11 posts
8. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

how late are the hot springs open at El Silencio? It'd be nice to do a midnight relaxation session.

northern california
Level Contributor
217 posts
1 review
9. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

I have decided to stay at Silencio del campo. I am just trying to confirm the reservations.

Thanks to everyone, Deb

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
102 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: hotels with hot spring pools on grounds? please help

The bar at the hot spring at Silencio del Campo closes at 9:30 or so and the hot spring closes at 11PM.

~Peachtree