We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arenal/monteverde area - trying to outline an itenary

Which La Fortuna de San Carlos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 21
Arenal/monteverde area - trying to outline an itenary

my family and i were hoping to stay at the arenal observatory lodge for 2-3 nights, visiting the tabacon hotsprings,eco thermales,hiking, fortuna waterfall,

Does anyone know of any good mudbaths near to AOL? we would like enough to do whilst staying there but i hear its far out from other things, would it be worth spending 2 nights there and one at tabacon ..before moving on to monteverde?

Monteverde cloud forest - i understand its quite far from AOL, so likely to move closer to monteverde - any hotel recommendations which are reasonably nice and cheap?

we would like to do ziplining there and the canopy tour.

Also were hoping to go to tamarindo for a day/night, is this all too much to plan for a week? we will be renting a car.

we are going to san jose for the second week and so are planning to white water raft there and visit la paz waterfalls, the other two volcanos and jaco.

anything anyone can contribute to help would be great, its early days planning yet and we need more insight especially into distances! as we dont want to be rushed yet have enough to do.

Thanks!

1. Re: Arenal/monteverde area - trying to outline an itenary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:51 pm, April 24, 2008
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Arenal/monteverde area - trying to outline an itenary

Arenal Obsevatory Lodge is a great place with incredible location...as you already know is located about 30 minutes from town...I do not thing is necessary to move to Tabacon...if you have a car you can visit Tabacon or even Eco termales...nice little hot springs that many people like ...

Mud baths...I never hear about any near Arenal...the good ones are in Rincon de la Vieja volcano but is about 5 hours from Arenal...sorry!!

Driving to Monteverde is about 3 hours...bad road from Tilaran...you can stay at Heliconia hotel located on the main raod to Monteverde private reserve...simple but people like it...another can be Poco a Poco...also located on the main road...

From Monteverde or Arenal to Tamarindo is about 5 hours...to me as a personal opinion is not woth it just for one night...to much driving...

You can do canopy or zip lines either at Arenal or Monteverde...they offer some great places...I like Arenal Mundo Aventura...in one place...you can do canopy, zip lines by the waterfall, indian village, horses...an of course a lot of fun!!

Luis Road Advisor

Just buckle up and enjoy the ride in paradise!!

3. Re: Arenal/monteverde area - trying to outline an itenary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, September 26, 2009