We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Drivers for day hire

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
reviews: 15
Private Drivers for day hire

We'll be in Alajuela a couple nights in early March, and I'm in the process of planning daytime activities. We do want to go to Poas and La Paz, and I'm searching out private drivers that I can hire for a day, as we want to get to Poas early enough to make sure we see it before the clouds roll in, and have enough time to hike a bit and take some photos. Same with La Paz, we don't really want to be on a tight schedule, and if we find out about some other cool things along the way that would fit into the schedule, we'd like those options. There's just 2 of us, we wouldn't mind sharing with another couple or small group, but we don't really want to be part of a big tour that stops at several hotels.

Is there a list of drivers in the area that can be hired for a day? I've just sent a couple of inquiries out based on TA forum referrals, but would love to hear from others on experiences with private drivers from the Alajuela area.

Thanks,

Dave

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
reviews: 39
1. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

Lots of good drivers to choose from. You can contact Luis from Tucan Limo or shop around from the list below.

Odyssey Tours (Diego and Alvaro) - info@odysseytourscr.com

Oscar Chavarria - oscardrivercr@gmail.com

Tucan Limousines - rocio@tucanlimoservices.com

Willy - w_opciones@yahoo.com

Wilson - wilson_elsy@yahoo.com

Carlos Bogarin - encantados@ice.co.cr

Danny Jimenez - crdannytravels@yahoo.com

Leo Rodriguez - leratravelcr@yahoo.com

Juan Carlos and Rubier - tjtransfers@gmail.com

Alexander - alajuelatours@gmail.com

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
2. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

Thank you Incabod! Exactly what I was looking for. BTW, love your 5 things thread, has been a great help in preparing for this trip.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
3. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

You are quite welcome Dave, have a great trip. Write a nice long trip report when you get back and let us all know how it went.

Nebraska, USA
reviews: 29
4. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

I am kind of butting in on this response. We are in Costa Rica until April 1st and would like to know if any of the drivers you listed here would take you to the Pacific Coast and other further places?

Lake Havasu City...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
reviews: 6
5. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

I would highly recommend http://www.tucanlimoservices.com/

Boston, MA
reviews: 16
6. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

We recently hired Alexander Hernandez at alajuelatours@gmail.com who was terrific as both guide and driver, suggesting unique routes and sights around Poas, La Paz and local coffee plantations that were more than just the average tourist gig. He also drove us to the Manual Antonio area and picked us up to return to San Jose. His English is excellent and he knows the area inside out. I would certainly use him again; we learned so much more than if we had driven ourselves.

Rice Lake, Wisconsin
7. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

That's really great to hear, AllegroLex, as we've arranged a day with Alexander for Poas and La Paz! Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
8. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

Alexander is a good choice, thanks for chiming in and letting folks know about your experience.

9. Re: Private Drivers for day hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 am, February 07, 2015