We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sharing: Our itinerary/activities for 2 weeks in Costa Rica

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 1
Sharing: Our itinerary/activities for 2 weeks in Costa Rica

I can't thank y'all enough for your suggestions, advice and encouragement in planning this trip! Here is where we've decided to travel and what we've finally decided to do with two weeks in Paradise!

We are a fly-and-drive (mid-60's) couple, so we're flying in and out of San Jose and renting a 4x4 for our Costan Rican Adventure.

Day 1: Arrive in CR mid-afternoon, staying overnight at Hotel Luisiana in Santa Ana - looks wonderful!

Day 2: Car will be dropped off at the hotel (thank you, Vamos!), and our first driving day take us to the Tree House Hotel in C. Quesada via Orotina - looking forward to the fresh fruit in Orotina!

Day 3: 8 hour Cano Nego boat tour, recommended highly here on TA for wildlife sighting.

Day 4: Drive to La Fortuna to the Arenal Manoa Hotel. Hot springs in the evening?

Day 5: Morning: Sky Tram/Sky Trek - just thinking about the excitement of the rain forest gives me goosebumps! Afternoon: Explore & relax

Day 6: Morning: Arenal Hanging Bridges. Afternoon: Relax

Day 7: Drive to Monteverde, staying only one night at Casa Batsu located right next to the Monteverde Information Center - yay!

Day 8: Coffee Tour in the morning after we check out of Casa Batsu, and then a leisurely drive down the coast to Jaco.

Day 9: We've rented a beach-front condominium from a friend's mom. We feel very fortunate to not only get a very reasonable price, but to know that there's a washing machine there (who would have ever thought I'd be excited about doing laundry??).

Day 10: Day at Manuel Antonio. We will be meeting a tour guide at El Avion Restaurant and traveling with him into the Park, thereby avoiding the parking dilemma and current parking scammers we've heard so much about. We'll stay in the park after our tour, and enjoy the beautiful beach.

Day 11: Playa Hermosa? Or maybe just a "down" day bumming around?

Day 12: Drive father down the coast, to Uvita - staying at Tikivillas, and VERY excited - reviews on TA for Tikivillas have been exceptional, and correspondence with the owners has been delightful! We've been following the Uvita forums, and have a whole slew of things to choose from, PLUS the owners of Tikivillas seem to be known as much for their local suggestions and for their hospitality!

Day 13: A day to explore - maybe Concorvado National Park? Ballena?

Day 14: Don Lula's Nauyaca Waterfalls Tour - OMG, I can't wait!!

Day 15: Drive back to Santa Ana for last night, again at Hotel Luisana, and an early flight the next morning back to the Northeast.

Thanks again to all of you - trip reports will be forthcoming!

Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
reviews: 54
1. Re: Sharing: Our itinerary/activities for 2 weeks in Costa Rica

Best pre-trip report I've had pleasure to read. Waiting with anticipation for the post-trip report.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
2. Re: Sharing: Our itinerary/activities for 2 weeks in Costa Rica

Thank you for sharing...have a nice safe flight!

roadadvisor

Quitman, Texas
reviews: 131
3. Re: Sharing: Our itinerary/activities for 2 weeks in Costa Rica

Although we have been to CR several times and will be returning soon, I loved reading about the places that you have researched (and which I have not been to). You'll have a wondertul time! I'll be looking for your post-trip reports.

4. Re: Sharing: Our itinerary/activities for 2 weeks in Costa Rica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, November 29, 2013