We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours from Alajuela or San Jose to Rio Celeste

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tampa, Florida
reviews: 6
Tours from Alajuela or San Jose to Rio Celeste

Hi,

Can someone please recommend some good tour companies with English speaking guides that pick one up from San Jose or Alajuela to Rio Celeste and drop off after?

I am a solo female traveler.

Like how much would this cost?

Worst case, I can hire a private driver as well but have no clue on that either. Please recommend away!

Montreal, Canada
1. Re: Tours from Alajuela or San Jose to Rio Celeste

I can recommend a private driver. His name is Alex - he is bilingual, he has a brand new vehicle. His telephone number in Costa Rica is (506) 88 50 92 52.

He is based in Alajuela and has a page at:

alajuelenses.com/alajuela-costa-rica-directo…

I have used him to take me to places in Costa Rica on at least two occasions. He is a responsible and safe driver, has a good nature and is very polite.

His fares are very fair compared to others drivers I have have hired.

Colorado
reviews: 8
2. Re: Tours from Alajuela or San Jose to Rio Celeste

The round trip private transfer cost will be at least $200 and since it's about a four hour drive you'll want to spend a night or two (you need to pay for a guide room and the food for the driver). The park entrance fee is $10.

You can take the public bus to Upala (make sure it's the one that goes through Cañas or just go to Cañas then change for Upala) for about $8 each way and just get off in Bijagua where there are inexpensive clean cabinas, mid-priced lodges and B&Bs (Heliconias, Sueños Celeste) and very nice places (Cleste Mountain Lodge, Tenorio Lodge). There's a new local shuttle service (~$10 round trip I think) from town to the park entrance and Celeste waterfall trail)

3. Re: Tours from Alajuela or San Jose to Rio Celeste

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:20 am, November 22, 2013