We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pine, Colorado
reviews: 26
Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

We plan on taking a taxi from the airport to the bus terminal in nearby Alajuela and take a bus to Grecia.

Does anyone know the name of the terminal, or name/color of bus company that runs from Alajuela to Grecia?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

Dear Pineguy

The terminal is by Central Market in Alajuela...

The bus company name is TUAN R.L ...phone (506) 2258-2004 or ( 506) 2494-2139

To call locally just dial without the (506)

About 600.00 colones...very much like a $ 1,15.

They have buses very much every half hour...starting around 5:30am...

roadadvisor

Pine, Colorado
2. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

Thanks roadadvisor.

Any warnings I should be aware of using this bus for my wife and I to go to Grecia? I see it takes an hour with about 4 or 5 stops. We'll only have one luggage bag each. I've read we should keep these with us on the bus, rather than stow in the underneath luggage compartment.

Our non-stop flight arrives at 7 a.m. so we will not be in any hurry to get to Grecia and thought this would be an good way to see the countryside and maybe meet some locals on the bus.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
3. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

Dear Pineguy...you are WELCOME!

Just common sense...try to have your luggage with you inside the cabin...if not...maybe bring a bycicle chain and chain the two pieces of luggage together ...will be hard for any body to remove the two pieces...not 100% safe but it works most of the time...

Good idea...and the taxi from SJO to TUAN terminal is about 15 minutes ride...

roadadvisor

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle, Washington
reviews: 7
4. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

If your bags are smallish (carry on size), then you can either hold them in your lap or stash in in the (unused?) wheelchair seating area on the bus. The Grecia buses are smaller, so I'm not sure if there's even an storage compartment under the bus.

It's a very windy (twisty) road between Alajuela city & Grecia, but you will see a bit of the countryside with many houses and some sugarcane fields.

You can either take a taxi from the airport directly to the bus stop in Alajuela or take the bus from the airport to Alajuela, then catch the Grecia bus. The airport bus stop is on the north/road side of the parking garage across from baggage claim/exit.

There are quite a few nice coffee/pastry shops, so if you're hungry stop and have a bite to eat in Alajuela.

Pine, Colorado
5. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

roadadvisor, I'm look at a Google map of el centro and I don't see the TUAN terminal. Is it in this area? http://goo.gl/maps/H1XqQ

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
6. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

If you look at Alajuela Central Amrket...TUAN buses are only one of the many buses that use the busy roads surround the market...in a simple word...if you find the Alajuela Municipal Market the TUAN buses are there in somewhere...is not a hard place to find...any taxi driver will know where the TUAN buses are!

roadadvisor

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
7. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

Look at Ave 1 and Calle 10...that is exactly where the TUAN buses are!

roadadvisor

Pine, Colorado
8. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

Thanks for all the responses.! They really help.

How do you pronounce TUAN down there? two-AHN?

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
9. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

That is the way we pronounce...Pineguy...you sound just like a native!

Please enjoy our country as we NATIVES do!

roadadvisor

10. Re: Bus Terminal From Alajuela To Grecia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 pm, August 21, 2013