We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston
reviews: 6
Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

Got an email from this hotel stating that they need to refund our credit card and if we want to stay there we need to pay cash or "by bank". Does anyone know anything about this?

Thank you.

25 replies to this topic
San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
1. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

Honestly I will look for some other nicer hotel for the same money or even cheaper...

It is a B and B not even a hotel!

roadadvisor

Bruges, Belgium
reviews: 1
2. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

I've got this email too, we've booked two nights for November. We don't know what to do !

Friendly regards

Ann & Jan

Belgium

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 5
3. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

I have reservations for December and haven't received an e-mail yet like that. Contacted the hotel, looks like the website has changed too. What's happening??

nj
reviews: 3
4. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

I also got this email (i booked one night for this december) stating:

"Hello Guest,

This is a newsletter from Margarita de La Garita in Costa Rica.

We are sorry to inform you that there has been a change to your reservation due to internal issues there will be a 100% pay back,

you can get your money back by the Credit Card Company but if you still want to come and stay at our place could you please pay cash or by bank.

If not we can't afford your stay."

---------------------------

and it goes on a bit more that there were "troubles" in the family. a fellow traveler followed up with this bit of information:

"I am one of those on this email list who had a reservation and received this strange/sad email – as well as an additional one where Margarita explained that her husband has taken the money from the reservations and is not paying her anything. Very confusing. Just to let you know that after making another reservation somewhere else, I thought to use the original email address on the reservation, which is different than this one. When I did that, Ad Latjes quickly informed me that he had transferred my reservation to a nearby hotel: the Hotel La Rosa De America. Since I was unaware of that, and had made reservations somewhere else, he refunded my money immediately. I just thought you might want to know."

---------------------------------------------------

well, this seemed strange and possibly scammy to me. so i emailed the folks at margarita's myself to tell them that i would much rather receive a refund and rebook my own stay (not be transferred). i got this email in response:

"Please allow 7-10 business days before your account is

credited with this $79.

Your reservation was already secured and rebooked in

Hotel La Rosa as you can read in the top of www.Margarita.cr

But Hotel La Rosa had no time yet to confirm you.....

La Rose is confirming on the order of arrivals.

Anyhow, you got the refund now and we cancelled the

reservation in Hotel La Rosa.

Margarita's Hotel is now defenitely closed and the property

is now for sale. A pity and very unfortunate.

With my best regards, Ad Latjes"

-----------------------------------------------------------

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
5. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

HUmm...yes please stay away from Margarita´s...anyway was not a very nice place...and to farr from SJO!

roadadvisor

Alajuela, Costa Rica
reviews: 6
6. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

Hello all who have indicated questions or doubts through this site. As Owner of Hotel La Rosa de America, I would like to take the opportunity to fill in a few details that may be missing from the breakup of Margarita's B&B.

The Ownership of Margarita's have felt it necessary to cancel all pre-paid bookings at their hotel due to personal reasons. Hotel La Rosa de America, another La Garita hotel long established in the neighbourhood, was requested by Ad Latjies, one of the B&B's Owners to honour as many confirmed/paid Margarita bookings as we could. We have agreed to honour existing confirmed guests at their existing prices, however, if any guest prefers alternate accommodation, Ad has assured us that any pre-paid guest so preferring, will get a full refund from his hotel.

It is my understanding that Margarita's B&B is still open for cash paying guests only. I am not certain as to the long term status of the B&B, for that we recommend a direct call to the B&B.

For guests still uncertain, please feel free to check out La Rosa at www.larosadeamerica.com and of course at our home on Tripadvisor as well! We regret the confusion this has caused many travelers however, if your reservation is now with us we will do our best to ensure you have a great start or end to your Costa Rica vacation!

Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any question!

Robert Hick

Owner

Hotel La Rosa de America

www.larosadeamerica.com

Dominical, Costa...
7. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel is open again since last month.

We stayed there last week for 2 nights. Great service.

See their website www.Margarita.cr

Michiel Plug

San Jose, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
8. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

No thank you...way to confusing even to recommend the place...!

Manye nice small places in the area...

roadadvidsor

Ontario
reviews: 4
9. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

What might you suggest, Luis , if one wished to stay in a country setting but near the airport?

10. Re: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, March 29, 2014

Reply to: Margarita de la Garita Airport Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted