We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doka Coffee Tour Question

Which Alajuela hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
reviews: 20
Doka Coffee Tour Question

Has anyone taken then the special, Four Stations Coffee Tour? I have received a lot of great information from Doka, describing the tours (they have been super nice and helpful by email!) and they list the special tour as:

If you want to go further and become a coffee expert, ask for our special “Four Stations” Coffee Tour, stopping at our four production areas along Doka and La Hilda Estate, visiting two different Wet Mill’s picking coffee, interview with the local workers, and finally learn from our coffee experts in our Taste Laboratory, and discover why Café Tres Generaciones is better than the rest of all of the coffees in Costa Rica.

I wondered if anyone had tried the special tour and what they thought of it.

1. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:14 pm, May 27, 2012
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 102
2. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

We just did the regular Doka tour and found it to be great and very thorough. If the other tour is more expensive, I wouldn't feel the need to do it unless you are huge coffee lovers and really interested.

Allison Park...
reviews: 16
3. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

Ditto. Completely agree with volcano girl.

San Jose, Costa Rica
4. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

Totally agree...do the regular tour...is nice and a lot of information...of course the other one sounds very nice and complete that one be nice for people that really...really love coffee...

roadadvisor

Los Angeles...
5. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

Thank you! I think that we are going to do the regular tour :)

San Jose, Costa Rica
6. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

You are WELCOME!

roadadvisor

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
7. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

Another great coffee tour http://www.espiritusantocoffeetour.com/ in the Naranjo area for consideration. To me, more interesting than Doka and the coffee has a more mellow taste. I have taken a few groups on this tour, easy for those with mobility issues as well. The Doka coffees are geared to European standards and are almost burnt (IMHO). If not this trip, maybe next time when you come again to visit. Coffee's always on, and we'll leave a light in the window.

Have a great holiday.

Los Angeles...
8. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

Thank you for the other suggestion, too. I will add that to our list for next time. My husband loves coffee and would love to take the Espiritu tour, too.

Grecia, Costa Rica
reviews: 15
9. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

You are welcome, the coffees of Costa Rica are like the wines of France, different areas, different level of smokiness, darkness, and strength of flavor and acid. Coffee could be a tour all its own.

Enjoy your trip.

Edited: 10:30 am, July 31, 2012
Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Arenal Volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos
reviews: 102
10. Re: Doka Coffee Tour Question

I think you'll be happy with your choice. Doka is beautiful. Have a great time.