We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel near Campus

Which Tuscaloosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
237 posts
119 reviews
Best Hotel near Campus

Hi there! Planning on coming down for a football game this year and wanted to check on what would be the best hotel that's near the stadium, bars, etc. Any help is appreciated!

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
482 posts
28 reviews
1. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

The Hotel Capstone is right on campus, if you can get a room there. It books up in a blink, so don't procrastinate.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
482 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

I meant to add - if the Capstone is booked (and I wouldn't be surprised if it is), you might check the Hampton Inn in downtown Tuscaloosa or one of the hotels in the McFarland Blvd area. But you run the risk of anything that close to campus being full already. You may have to stay a little farther out in an area such as Cottondale.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
237 posts
119 reviews
3. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

Thanks! I was a little concerned about the reviews I read about hotel capstone, I saw it as an option but wasn't sure about it. Looks like they've done a new remodel though on the bathrooms?

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
482 posts
28 reviews
4. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

I've only ever been in the lobby of the Hotel Capstone, to be honest, but it looked nice enough. Can't speak to the rooms. The convenience would be awfully hard to pass up though.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
112 reviews
5. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

Be sure to check out VRBO also. Lots of condos and such right on campus that people will rent out during game weekends.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
237 posts
119 reviews
6. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

Thanks! Might have to look into that, looks like the Capstone is completely booked, same for te Hampton inn and holiday inn which I understood was close. Wow! Didn't realize they'd sell out this early! Any other suggestions help! Thanks everyone!

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,796 posts
112 reviews
7. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

There is a Hilton Garden Inn that's not too far from campus just off Hwy 69 South and a Microtel near the mall which can be very convenient because you can catch a ride on the trolley on game day right there at the mall.

Beside the HGI there's also a Courtyard and a Fairfield Inn right next to each other.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
2,167 posts
96 reviews
8. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

They are opening an Embassy Suites idowntown - not sure of date though

9. Re: Best Hotel near Campus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 pm, February 24, 2015