We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming down for game

Which Tuscaloosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Voorhees, New Jersey
reviews: 106
Coming down for game

My friend and I are Tide fans and are coming to UA for the first time for the Ole Miss game. We will be in Bama for the weekend Fri-Sun. Anyone have any must sees or events we have to attend? We are still trying to find tickets, but coming either way for the experience. We are very much into nightlife, so any great bars would be wonderful. Also, we are into country music. My buddy was born in Tuscaloosa and has not been there since he moved at the age of 4, so we are both very excited about the trip. We are both in our late 20's, but don't mind crowds. Thanks for any help! Dive bars are a must also! We are coming in via Amtrak from NJ.

Alabama
reviews: 110
1. Re: Coming down for game

The area around 4th Street and 23rd Avenue is known as Temerson Square and there's several bars in that area as well as restaurants. I'm not sure that kind of music you might find there as I've never actually been. There's also a few bars and restaurants on "the strip" (University Blvd in the campus area.)

You might want to check out the Bryant Museum http://www.bryantmuseum.com/ There's also the new Tuscaloosa Amphitheater. http://www.tuscaloosaamphitheater.com/433. There might be something going on there while you are in town.

Voorhees, New Jersey
2. Re: Coming down for game

Okay, thank you so much for replying. Are there any local speciality foods I should try or locally brewed beers?

Mississippi
reviews: 9
3. Re: Coming down for game

Mugshot's is fun. It's close to the stadium. BBQ is good. University Blvd. has a lot of fun places to visit.

Mugshot's Grill and Bar @ 511 Greensboro Avenue, Tuscaloosa, AL 205 - 391 - 0572.

http://www.mugshotsgrillandbar.com/

Mo's Original BBQ @ 2101 University Blvd, Tuscaloosa, AL 205 - 752 - 3616.

Alabama
4. Re: Coming down for game

Try Dreamland BBQ There's the original one in Tuscaloosa and the new one just across the river in Northport. www.dreamlandbbq.com/default.aspx…

Mugshots has great burgers.

Voorhees, New Jersey
5. Re: Coming down for game

Thank you for the recommendations, they all sound wonderful, and we should have enough time to hit at least five eateries while in town.... I just need to try and find some tickets now... If not, I hope the natives will be hospitable to us visiting the tailgates!

Alabama
6. Re: Coming down for game

Have you tried Stub Hub?

stubhub.com/alabama-football-tickets/…

Edited: 8:20 pm, September 11, 2012
Voorhees, New Jersey
7. Re: Coming down for game

We got tickets!!! Thanks for the tip!

Mississippi
reviews: 9
8. Re: Coming down for game

Enjoy the game. I'm convinced no one is going to come close to beating AL this year. I think they could beat a couple of pro teams playing today.

TinTop is a great place to dine.

Tin Top Restaurant and Oyster Bar @ 4851 Rice Mine Road NE # 460 Tuscaloosa, AL 205 - 462 - 3399.

http://tintoprestaurant.com/

Alabama
9. Re: Coming down for game

Tin Top is our favorite restaurant in Tuscaloosa. The 16oz Ribeye is THE BEST! Love the king salmon dish too. Try the fried green tomatoes too. My husband likes them with the Tin Top Sauce but I just like them plain or with ranch dressing. The restaurant is a bit out of town but definitely worth it.

Glad you got tickets. Enjoy the game. Should be a blow out.

Voorhees, New Jersey
10. Re: Coming down for game

We will have to try it out. If anyone knows of any game day traditions or day before the game activities that we should attend, please let me know. What is the tailgate scene like? Is it in parking lot?