We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Concert

Which Tuscaloosa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Anguilla...
reviews: 3
Concert

My wife and I will be attending a concert at Amphitheatre on August 25th. What should we know about the venue? How's parking? Are there any decent restaurants/bars within walking distance?

We're into locally owned restaurants and craft beer. What are our options?

And lastly, which motels/hotels are inexpensive/clean? We don't need anything fancy. A clean room, safe area, and a bed.

15 replies to this topic
Anguilla...
1. Re: Concert

*bump*

Helena, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Alabama
reviews: 142
2. Re: Concert

Sorry, can't help you with the info that you are looking for other than to say that I've only heard good things about the new Ampitheater. Maybe you should re-ask the question with a subject line like "Ampitheater and t-town hotel suggestions" to get more eyeballs on your post; I know we have some tuscaloosa experts here! :-/ Best of luck.

Anguilla...
3. Re: Concert

LOL, Thanks for the post. I don't think a different title would help any. It's not like this post got lost in the multitude of activity :)

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
4. Re: Concert

Maybe post this on the overall Alabama Forum instead of the Tuscaloosa one. I don't know about it, either, but hopefully someone will be able to help if more see it on the main forum.

Boise, Idaho
reviews: 96
5. Re: Concert

There's plenty of parking around downtown and several bars and restaurants within walking distance to the amphitheater in the Temersons Square area. I do believe there's a parking lot just up from the amphitheater on Jack Warner Parkway. There's a pretty good sized hill to climb to get back up to the downtown area. Not sure about any craft beers.

As far as hotels, there a Hampton Inn just off campus and Hwy 82. There's also a Holiday Inn Express on Veteran's Memorial Hwy across from the mall that will be safe to stay in.

Have a good time!

Anguilla...
6. Re: Concert

Thank you much.

We're looking at some of the places off of I-20 as well. We don't have to stay close to the venue. We live an hour from anywhere (seriously, 1 hour to a walmart or major grocery or chain restaurant) so we don't mind a few minutes drive.

The info about the hill is spectacularly useful, lol.

Boise, Idaho
7. Re: Concert

See if this map will help you. 4th Street and 23rd Ave is the area known as Temerson Square. Bars and a place or two to eat there. A block up on University there's the Mellow Mushroom and DePalma's that's very good. maps.google.com/…

Which direction are you coming from? There's a Hampton Inn at Exit 77 along with a Ruby Tuesday Restaurant, McDonalds, Arbys and another 2 or 3 fast food places. AVOID the Microtel. Also, Exit 71A??? to Hwy 69 South. There''s a Hilton Garden Inn, Courtyard and Fairfield Inn. Several food options there too.

Hope you have a great time! Who's in concert that night?

Anguilla...
8. Re: Concert

We're coming from Mississippi.

All we need is a bed. Cheap and clean. We saw the Motel 6 was super cheap but the reviews have put us off, lol.

We're very unlikely to eat fast food or chain stuff like Ruby Tuesday. Mellow Mushroom is a real possibility - we know they have fairly good pizza and a great bear selection. We've had a few other recs - we'll check out DePalma's.

Tedeschi Trucks Band is the show. I think BB is with them, but we're coming for TTB.

Boise, Idaho
9. Re: Concert

I would avoid Motel 6 and Master's Host Inn. NOT SAFE! My husband is in law enforcement and he advises to avoid those places. I would also avoid the Ramada Inn on Skyland.

Anguilla...
10. Re: Concert

What about the Jameson Inn, the La Quinta and the Super 8?

Reply to: Concert
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted