We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

High speed Internet acess?

Which Shanghai hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rome, Georgia
reviews: 3
High speed Internet acess?

All the hotels I have looked at state they have "high speed internet acess" but then I find out it is dial-up. Is dial up the only internet connection available? Will I be able to use Internet explorer?

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
reviews: 26
1. Re: High speed Internet acess?

You can use dial-up with internet explorer. But do you have a local number to dial to? I guess you don't. In any event, dial-up for a visitor is expensive, unless you have a corporate, international internet dial-up roaming plan.

Shanghai
reviews: 1
2. Re: High speed Internet acess?

I cannot believe JW Marriot and Four Seasons do not offer broadband, I am sure it will be available for a daily outrageous fee like 20USD for 24 hours and be a very fast service.

Asia
3. Re: High speed Internet acess?

HI HI

I think most hotels offer broadband access although some hotels offer it at a charge. You can try hotels such as Ramada Plaza which usually offer free broadband access. You can try calling up to ask. :)

Australia
4. Re: High speed Internet acess?

Gwendelen,

There is an internet cafe in Nanjing Lu Pedestrian Mall. (above Pizza Hut/ KFC) on the same row as Sofitel Hotel.

Cost is 2 Yuan per hour. However, you have to pay 10 Yuan upfront. You also have to produce your passport to 'register' - apparently it's the law. At the end of your 'session', you will be paid the balance, depending on how long you spend on the connection.

Connection is 'high speed' (yes, internet explorer) and it was great to be able to read and send all those emails for a grand total of 4 Yuan!

5. Re: High speed Internet acess?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:20 pm, August 16, 2009